The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
It's kind of funny to me that so many people here love to write that they don't watch the NBA b/c "it's not even basketball" anymore.

And yet, we've got people in this thread "slurping" (PTI phrase ) this And1 crap that really isn't basketball. It's like the X-Games using a basketball. It's not even trying to be real basketball. It's just show-off moves, with no pretense of trying to play by any real basketball rules.

Give me the NBA any day of the week over And1; maybe just b/c I love the officiating aspect of it so much. JMO, obviously.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
It's kind of funny to me that so many people here love to write that they don't watch the NBA b/c "it's not even basketball" anymore.

And yet, we've got people in this thread "slurping" (PTI phrase ) this And1 crap that really isn't basketball. It's like the X-Games using a basketball. It's not even trying to be real basketball. It's just show-off moves, with no pretense of trying to play by any real basketball rules.

Give me the NBA any day of the week over And1; maybe just b/c I love the officiating aspect of it so much. JMO, obviously.
Chuck, I didn't realize we needed to pick one over the other.

Tastes great....less filling...
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 11:11am
Huck Finn

Chuck, I will watch it all, even that game with the trampoline floor. I forgot what it was called but I think I know one of the guys that officiates it.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
It's not about choosing. It's about the inconsistency in the reasoning. Guys are proud of hating the NBA, b/c it's not basketball. But then love the And1, b/c it's "entertaining", even tho it's less like basketball than the NBA. Just doesn't make sense at all to me.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
It's not about choosing. It's about the inconsistency in the reasoning. Guys are proud of hating the NBA, b/c it's not basketball. But then love the And1, b/c it's "entertaining", even tho it's less like basketball than the NBA. Just doesn't make sense at all to me.
I'm pretty sure that "hating the NBA because it's not basketball" does not logically prevent anyone from "liking And1 because it's entertaining".

Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that "hating the NBA because it's not basketball" does not logically prevent anyone from "liking And1 because it's entertaining".
You're right, of course. I just think it's a little hypocritical to oppose NBA play b/c they "let the stars get away with travels" and then to praise the And1 games precisely b/c they let the players get away with travels, and more. JMO.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Chuck, I will watch it all, even that game with the trampoline floor. I forgot what it was called but I think I know one of the guys that officiates it.
That would be SlamBall.......now THAT was some cool stuff (no pun intended).