The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 08:18pm
Official Forum Member

Lets talk shoes again. Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers? I found some that are really comfortable! (Hey, you know that a polyester / micromesh discussion has to be soon to follow a question like this, too!)
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable. They're a bit tough to keep shined (takes a few coats of polish before it really takes), but I just did four high-intensity games (in a row) in them today - and my feet are in pretty good shape.
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 11:43am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers?
No, I won't wear mine unless they're in a good mood.
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Padgett,
You're on a roll man! RR
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by canuckrefguy
[B]I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable.
__________________________________________________ _________

Canuck,
I bought the Air Max Monarch II. I had bought two pairs of New Balance -- one for general wear and another to use to ref -- but I never found the NB as comfortable as I thought they would be. The Monarchs feel like a pillow and according to what I have read and heard give real good support. This stupid plantar fasciitis makes me want them as soft and supportive as I can find.
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Lets talk shoes again. Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers? I found some that are really comfortable! (Hey, you know that a polyester / micromesh discussion has to be soon to follow a question like this, too!)
I like micromesh, and I'm going to start praying that we don't get into another belted/beltless debate.
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 06:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Padgett,
You're on a roll man! RR
Of course that would be a sweet roll.
Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable. They're a bit tough to keep shined (takes a few coats of polish before it really takes), but I just did four high-intensity games (in a row) in them today - and my feet are in pretty good shape.
Have two pair, and will try to get more. they have been on sale lately near me, so I'm trying to stock up. Did 12 games in three days, and my feet and legs were OK afterward.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Have two pair, and will try to get more. they have been on sale lately near me, so I'm trying to stock up. Did 12 games in three days, and my feet and legs were OK afterward.
Based on everyone's testimonials, I purchased a pair of Air Monarch II's last week. I did replace the insole with a sport gel but I was amazed at how great my feet felt.

Brand new shoes and 14 games in two days. I couldn't believe they would be better than my New Balance's but they were great.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them.
I was able to try on a pair and also liked the feel. But they didn't have them in black. Anybody know where I could find them in black and WIDE sizes online? Google's not helping me much.
Old Tue Jun 21, 2005, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Shoe Carnivals have the Monarchs II in black and wide if you live near one of them. They might have an online ordering sytem. Famous Footwear used to carry them and they used to have a lot of offerings online. I couldn't find ANYTHING with Yahoo or Ask Jeeves when I was looking awhile back. Remember, like all Nike's they run small so you'll need a bigger size than NB or Reebok.