The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NIke Cross trainers (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/20694-nike-cross-trainers.html)

refnrev Sat Jun 04, 2005 08:18pm

Lets talk shoes again. Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers? I found some that are really comfortable! (Hey, you know that a polyester / micromesh discussion has to be soon to follow a question like this, too!)

canuckrefguy Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:34pm

I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable. They're a bit tough to keep shined (takes a few coats of polish before it really takes), but I just did four high-intensity games (in a row) in them today - and my feet are in pretty good shape.

Mark Padgett Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:43am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers?
No, I won't wear mine unless they're in a good mood.

refnrev Sun Jun 05, 2005 05:59pm

Padgett,
You're on a roll man! RR

refnrev Sun Jun 05, 2005 06:03pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by canuckrefguy
[B]I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable.
__________________________________________________ _________

Canuck,
I bought the Air Max Monarch II. I had bought two pairs of New Balance -- one for general wear and another to use to ref -- but I never found the NB as comfortable as I thought they would be. The Monarchs feel like a pillow and according to what I have read and heard give real good support. This stupid plantar fasciitis makes me want them as soft and supportive as I can find.

Mark Dexter Sun Jun 05, 2005 06:28pm

Quote:

Lets talk shoes again. Anyone out there wear Nike Cross trainers? I found some that are really comfortable! (Hey, you know that a polyester / micromesh discussion has to be soon to follow a question like this, too!)
I like micromesh, and I'm going to start praying that we don't get into another belted/beltless debate. :rolleyes:

Mark Padgett Sun Jun 05, 2005 06:29pm

Quote:

Padgett,
You're on a roll man! RR

Of course that would be a sweet roll.

SeanFitzRef Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:07am

Quote:

Originally posted by canuckrefguy
I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them. They are very, very comfortable. They're a bit tough to keep shined (takes a few coats of polish before it really takes), but I just did four high-intensity games (in a row) in them today - and my feet are in pretty good shape.

Have two pair, and will try to get more. they have been on sale lately near me, so I'm trying to stock up. Did 12 games in three days, and my feet and legs were OK afterward.

stmaryrams Mon Jun 20, 2005 01:00pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
Quote:

Have two pair, and will try to get more. they have been on sale lately near me, so I'm trying to stock up. Did 12 games in three days, and my feet and legs were OK afterward.

Based on everyone's testimonials, I purchased a pair of Air Monarch II's last week. I did replace the insole with a sport gel but I was amazed at how great my feet felt.

Brand new shoes and 14 games in two days. I couldn't believe they would be better than my New Balance's but they were great.

ChuckElias Mon Jun 20, 2005 07:28pm

Quote:

I have a pair of the Nike Air Monarchs - and I LOVE them.
I was able to try on a pair and also liked the feel. But they didn't have them in black. Anybody know where I could find them in black and WIDE sizes online? Google's not helping me much.

refnrev Tue Jun 21, 2005 04:09pm

Shoe Carnivals have the Monarchs II in black and wide if you live near one of them. They might have an online ordering sytem. Famous Footwear used to carry them and they used to have a lot of offerings online. I couldn't find ANYTHING with Yahoo or Ask Jeeves when I was looking awhile back. Remember, like all Nike's they run small so you'll need a bigger size than NB or Reebok.