Old Wed May 25, 2005, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

There is at least one, moi.
Old Wed May 25, 2005, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerBball
There is at least one, moi.
And you now have a HUGE advantage over most coaches: you're reading this forum so you have a better understanding of the rules and what we do, AND now you have a great "ahead by 143 with only one player" end-of-game strategy that no one else knows about!

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed May 25, 2005, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
I'm just glad we have figured out the best strategy when a team only has 1 player and a 148 point lead, I will see if coaches deploy this strategy in the upcoming season.
Aren't you also making the flawed assumption that there are a large number of coaches reading this forum to better understand the rules?

Are you saying that Coaches don't come here to learn the rules? I don't believe it.
Old Wed May 25, 2005, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know about the other coaches, but I only come here to verify my feeling that all refs are arrogant pri&*s who are only out there to show us coaches "who da man is".

Just kidding just kidding.
Old Sat May 28, 2005, 04:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes

I'm just glad we have figured out the best strategy when a team only has 1 player and a 148 point lead, I will see if coaches deploy this strategy in the upcoming season.
This will be quite useful in Michigan now that they have done away with their mercy rule.
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

From a FIBA perspective - this sitch can't possibly happen.

Under FIBA rules a team MUST have two players on the court, or else they forfeit (regardless of score).

Which leads me to ask - has anyone had a game where one team has been left with just one player? I had a game a few years ago that went into 5 periods of extra time and both teams were left with 3 players on the court (one team started with 8, one with 9 players). Thankfully a player hit the winning free-throw with about 2 seconds to go, thus preventing it from going into a 6th OT!

Anyone had something similar? Does anyone know what the record is for periods of OT?

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

Indiana high school record is 9.

I don't remember the team, I just know I drive through it on the way to Indianapolis and it is on their city limit sign. I think it is Swayzee, Indiana. Good old Indiana, before the say the population or the mayor's name or the actual city limits sign they tell you how many state championships their high school has won in basketball.
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oz Referee
From a FIBA perspective - this sitch can't possibly happen.

Under FIBA rules a team MUST have two players on the court, or else they forfeit (regardless of score).

Which leads me to ask - has anyone had a game where one team has been left with just one player? I had a game a few years ago that went into 5 periods of extra time and both teams were left with 3 players on the court (one team started with 8, one with 9 players). Thankfully a player hit the winning free-throw with about 2 seconds to go, thus preventing it from going into a 6th OT!

Anyone had something similar? Does anyone know what the record is for periods of OT?
I had an intramural game where one team started with 4 players (the fifth player had been ejected previously, but was allowed to come back and "coach" this game).

End of the 2nd half, the 4-man team has guys start fouling out. With just a few seconds left, I call a shooting foul, the 4-man team shoots FT's, and ties the game up.

Beginning of the OT, another guy fouls out, and they're now down to 2 players. The score was either tied, or the 4-man team was down by 1 or 2 with 1.5 on the clock, when yet another player fouled out - the 4-man team was now a 1-man team, and I called the game.