The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 24, 2005, 12:30pm
Huck Finn

I think everyone should do rec leagues at some point until they can get past situations like this one. If the original post was more along the lines of him calling 6 T's and throwing multiple players out then he would be ready to stop doing rec leagues. Right now it might be better to face some adversity in a rec game than during a high school or college game. Also, we should try to remember our last 4 calls. If this is done an internal alarm would have went off in this game and what Chuck said can be applied. It is a slippery slope when we get in this situation because is sometimes smells of evening the foul count. What I have found is when the officials are consistent, the fouls are naturally close to even or it will be so obvious that one team deserves to have more fouls than the other team to the point of it being a non-issue. Other than that, we should probably take a look at what we are calling.
Old Tue May 24, 2005, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Moral of the story: Don't take Adult Rec League games.
Hey, that's my line. ~:-)