Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 15, 2005, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

You are going to look back on this conversation and laugh when you realize how easy this rule is.
Jeff -- I have very few natural talents, but one of them is making things complicated. I think that's more a matter for pity than laughter, don't you?!
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

You are going to look back on this conversation and laugh when you realize how easy this rule is.
Jeff -- I have very few natural talents, but one of them is making things complicated. I think that's more a matter for pity than laughter, don't you?!
Hmm... that is a talent after all. Ahaa, I knew I had something to feel good about myself.

Old Mon May 16, 2005, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Worked with the new rules and POE this weekend. Basically, Jeff is right. The TC rule is only put in for the pass-and-crash, and illegal screen. Pass-and-crash is still team control, as is illegal screen. All others remain the same.
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
Worked with the new rules and POE this weekend. Basically, Jeff is right. The TC rule is only put in for the pass-and-crash, and illegal screen. Pass-and-crash is still team control, as is illegal screen. All others remain the same.
This is very helpful. Thanks. You give me hope that I might be able to adjust.

I've been going to 3-whistle camps and clinics for three years now, and this past weekend I am just starting to feel like I'm getting a clue. Hopefully, this rules change won't take as long!
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Wink

If you can handle being a mom and wife, this will be nothing!
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
What about displacement by the post player?

What about setting a legal screen than grabbing the defender to slow them down?

What about a push on a rebound AFTER another player secures the rebound?

Actually what it is, is ANY common foul committed by the offense when they have team control including fouls committed by an airborne shooter after release.

[Edited by blindzebra on May 16th, 2005 at 02:18 PM]
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Realizing that my last post probably sent Juulie back over the edge, I'll try to save her.

The only plays that are going to cause you to actually think are:

A loose ball and fouls by team A near the point where team B gains control. Solution, did B have the ball before the foul? If you answer no, TC foul.

Fouls during rebounding after a player on team A secures the rebound, not during tapping. Solution, did A1 have the ball before the foul? If you answer yes, TC foul.

Fouls away from the ball near the time of release of the shot. Solution, was the try released before the foul? If you or your partner(s) answer no, TC foul.

Hope that helps.
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Realizing that my last post probably sent Juulie back over the edge, I'll try to save her.

A loose ball and fouls by team A near the point where team B gains control. Solution, did B have the ball before the foul? If you answer no, TC foul.

Fouls during rebounding after a player on team A secures the rebound, not during tapping. Solution, did A1 have the ball before the foul? If you answer yes, TC foul.

Fouls away from the ball near the time of release of the shot. Solution, was the try released before the foul? If you or your partner(s) answer no, TC foul.

Hope that helps.
IMO, it depends on who committed the offensive foul. TC applies to those on offense who do not have possession of the ball and PC would apply only to the offensive player who is in control of the basketball. Control ends on the release, correct?

Old Mon May 16, 2005, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny1784
IMO, it depends on who committed the offensive foul. TC applies to those on offense who do not have possession of the ball and PC would apply only to the offensive player who is in control of the basketball. Control ends on the release, correct?
What depends on who committed the foul? In neither case is the defense awarded FTs. So any further distinction doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me.
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 09:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
What depends on who committed the foul? In neither case is the defense awarded FTs. So any further distinction doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me.
This rule seems even easier to understand than the college code. The NF does not seem like they are even using the throw-in administration as part of the application of this rule. So every time a team is in control of the ball and commits a foul, then you do not shoot FTs. So if you know when a team is in control, then this rule should be very easy to understand.

Peace
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra

Hope that helps.

You can have a team control foul without player control, but you cannot have a player control foul without team control...with the exception of an airborne shooter. The fouls, by rule, are handled the same way, so why sweat the details?

Just read 4-12 and all is well.
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
This rule seems even easier to understand than the college code. The NF does not seem like they are even using the throw-in administration as part of the application of this rule. So every time a team is in control of the ball and commits a foul, then you do not shoot FTs. So if you know when a team is in control, then this rule should be very easy to understand.

Peace
I'm starting to get it. So on a throw-in, there's no team control, ft's if the bonus applies. After the release of a shot, no team control, ft's if the bonus applies. OTherwise, turn-over. Hmmmm... is it too early in the summer to add this to Padgett's list?