The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 02:02pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Before complaining about your team's game and the refs' calls or no calls; please read this post. This is what's going to happen.

You will start by posting something that fits the following form.
"Hey guys. You all do a wonderful job. but the guy(s) that did the University of My Choice game last night just sucked. I mean, can you believe all the fouls they called on UMC and the stuff they let Hated College get by with? Do you think they were biased?"

We will then respond with:
You really don't know what you're talking about. Ask us a legitimate question. Otherwise go away.

You will respond with:
With that attitude, I hope you guys aren't really refs.

We will then respond with laughter and choice acronyms that represent various phrases of swearing.

You will likely either go away now, and we will continue laughing at you and wondering where you went until a moderator has had enough fun and closes the thread; or you will respond with some sort of pseudo-question about a specific call or no-call.

Now, the acronyms are gone, and replaced with the full phrases mentiond above; only with key !etter$ rep!@ced w!t# "$peci@l ch@r@cter$."

The thread will be closed, and you will wander away amazed at how mean the refs on the internet are.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
Wink

I think that, especially during tournament time, we oughta put Snaq's post up as a general disclaimer on the homepage. Maybe we could even make everyone read it before they register. Although, that would cut down on our chances to vent and otherwise take out our accumulated frustrations on the seemingly endless supply of trolls that wander in here.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 03:07pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by bballrob
ummmm, why not just refer em to tubbyfan's thread there snaq? you must be bored at work today.
Not at all.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 03:48pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
You will start by posting something that fits the following form.
"Hey guys. You all do a wonderful job. but the guy(s) that did the University of My Choice game last night just sucked. I mean, can you believe all the fouls they called on UMC and the stuff they let Hated College get by with? Do you think they were biased?"

You left out the best part: "Even Billy Packer said so."
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by drothamel
I think that, especially during tournament time, we oughta put Snaq's post up as a general disclaimer on the homepage. Maybe we could even make everyone read it before they register. Although, that would cut down on our chances to vent and otherwise take out our accumulated frustrations on the seemingly endless supply of trolls that wander in here.
What? And ruin the fun of troll hunting season. This is way better than the deer hunt, where hoardes of "real men" take to the hills to get astonishingly drunk, waste ammo and scare Bambi. We ought to be setting up blinds and deploying decoys to attract unwitting fan-boys as prey. In fact, there ought to be some kind of scoreboard to keep track of the "kills."