Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Until we hear from Coach A I won't assume the spot was wrong.
Is the original poster's account not good enough? He's a basketball official.

Perhaps Coach A was more concerned about coaching his players than having to worry that officials doing a substate final can't get the most basic mechanic correct.

Are you saying that an error becomes an error only if the disadvantaged party says something?
With all due respect to buckrog64, all I'm saying is we have 1 man's account.

There are 4 more versions to hear: the 3 guys working the game & Coach A. My only reason for dragging Coach A into this is I have never, ever heard of a coach just sitting by without a word when he thought he was getting screwed by the officials. Maybe people are different in buck's corner of the universe, but I can't imagine a coach just letting this go without at least an explanation.

Unless it's a rare occassion where a few posters are working a game together, we ALWAYS only have one person's account.

You came out shooting, got caught in it, and now you are trying to defend a undefendable position. It makes you look bad.
Got caught in exactly what?

Please, use as much roon as you need to explain, if you need another sheet of paper just ask.

You treated the first post like it was from a fan-boy, and went on the offensive.

Then you brought up the coach and it was answered by the origional poster.

You then started in with the one person's account NONSENSE, because 99.9% of the posts on this forum are discussed based on one person's account.

You must be bored and want to engage in stupid arguments, but I'm not going to fall into your trap.
Geeze, that bug up your @ss must have really been bothering you yesterday. Maybe lay off the hot sauce for a while.

Or maybe some 12 year old girl got your password & decided to post under your name?

In any event I don't care if it was some "fanboy" (as you so cutely put it) or Ed Hightower who made the original post, my opinion remains the same. If Coach A had a problem with the spot I can't believe any reasonably experience referee sitting in the stands would NOT have noticed it.

That's all. Take it leave it, there it is.

Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Like I said, 500 people were standing in front of me, hollering about the throw in spot. I'm a casual observer, not a fan of either team, sitting down. I couldn't care less other than it was a substate final game and it did give a team a distinct advantage at a crucial point. It may have never dawned on Coach A that there was a potential mistake taking place, but I wasn't in his shoes.

The throw in was from half court and I believe was thrown in about 10-15 feet down court near the side line. The kid drove to the middle and went up for the shot. Foul was called.

The score to tie the game, the throw in afterwards, the timeout, was all as I described. I know you hear from all sorts of crackpots here, and some are even officials. I have no purpose in fluffing the story to make someone look good or bad.

FYI- This was a two man crew handling the game. Overall, they did a fine job, I wouldn't trade places with them.
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by buckrog64
Like I said, 500 people were standing in front of me, hollering about the throw in spot. I'm a casual observer, not a fan of either team, sitting down. I couldn't care less other than it was a substate final game and it did give a team a distinct advantage at a crucial point. It may have never dawned on Coach A that there was a potential mistake taking place, but I wasn't in his shoes.

The throw in was from half court and I believe was thrown in about 10-15 feet down court near the side line. The kid drove to the middle and went up for the shot. Foul was called.

The score to tie the game, the throw in afterwards, the timeout, was all as I described. I know you hear from all sorts of crackpots here, and some are even officials. I have no purpose in fluffing the story to make someone look good or bad.

FYI- This was a two man crew handling the game. Overall, they did a fine job, I wouldn't trade places with them.
Hey, despite what BZ might say I don't think you're some kind of nut, far from it. I find that at the HS level refs do tend to be kinda sloppy with the spot placement, so maybe they did screw it up. If they were sloppy on that one they were probably sloppy through the entire game, and I bet there were a couple of other spots that were wrong at critical points in the game. Or maybe they were concientious the entire way, inlcuding this last one and the thing that I keep getting back to is why didn't Coach A make a big deal out of it...I know you've already said he might have but you didn't see, but (again) it's been my experience if a coach expects the ball at point A and you put it at point B he's gonna want to know why. Especially if it's as wrong as you say it is.

Anyways, it sounds like it was a good game & you had fun.