The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

small college game, 1st place team in conference vs. last place team!!! First half we have unsportsmanlike "T" on 44 white, 43 orange, while getting in between them, 33 orange wants to get in on this so he has a few choice words for the other team too, "T" for him!!! finally first half over, orange team up 25 pts!!!!

Situation:
after 8 minutes of play, white started back again with stupid stuff because they are in last place and can't play so they figured they would be stupid...

43 orange goes up for shot in the post, 44 white comes from behind and kind of clothes lines him, "intentional foul" then 43 orange retaliates with an open hand in his chest and pushes, whack "T" for him, which is his 2nd T, gone for the night, again while separating, 32 white wants to get in on this with his mouth, whack "T" for him, Now while explaining, to coaches what we got, we tell them we have,
1. intentional on white 44
2. unsportsmanlike T on orange 43 (white coach goes nuts)
3. " T on white 32
White coach goes crazy after we tell him just a "t" on orange and he wants him ejected and says some choice words which causes my partner to "T" him up, then he realizes it's his 2nd tech and he didn't let us finish before he went off on us, so he gets the "t" for being a butt!!
now we have #4 to add to the above...
4. Tech on coach

My question, i want to know if we all the free throws correctly... this is what we did!

1.white shot 2 for 43 orange tech
2.orange shot 2 for white 32 tech
3.orange shot 2 for white coach tech
then went to point of inter.
4.(Sub for orange 43) shot 2 for intentional foul
5. ball out under basket closest to foul
WAS THIS CORRECT?? (one of our partners disagreed, that is why i ask, two of us thought it was right)
we managed to make it thru the last 12 minutes with no more problems thank goodness...
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

ACK!

Think you were just a little out of sequence because the T on 43 should have been an intentional technical for deadball contact not an unsporting T

For Orange:
1. Shoot unsporting direct T against White 32
2. Shoot unsporting direct T against White Coach, now POI
3. Shoot intentional foul against

Then, for White:
1. Shoot intentional technical against Orange 43
2. Ball at division line for White
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Fun night!

Since you had an intentional T on white orange the game is resumed with orange white getting the ball at midcourt, the FT's for that T shot last. Also, it sounds like you gave Coach White a T after beng DQ'ed. You can't do that.

I think I would have been tempted to declare the intentional flagrant to get orange 44 & white 43 both out of the game on hte same sequence.

[Edited by Dan_ref on Feb 15th, 2005 at 02:27 PM]
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

we didn't have INTENTIONAL TECH ON WHITE, JUST A REGULAR INTENTIONAL FOUL, although i agree should of been int. tech. to get him out of game as well.... and the coach just received one tech for arguing before he knew what was going on....

so after all the Technicals have been shot, i thought we would RESUME PLAY WITH THE REGULAR INTENTIONAL FOUL, point of interuption...
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

43 orange goes up for shot in the post, 44 white comes from behind and kind of clothes lines him, "intentional foul" then 43 orange retaliates with an open hand in his chest and pushes

what you describe is an intentional technical on 43 orange for the dead ball retaliation. After you shoot all of the unsporting techs, you go to POI. You should have given orange 2 shots for the original intentional foul, then white 2 shots for the intentional tech which also gives them the ball at the division line.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

i understand now..my bad..was having trouble between different type of "t" guess we should of listened to our partner that disagreed with us... live and learn!!! i hate learning it that way though! thanks for the help
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:49pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie

Situation:

43 orange goes up for shot in the post, 44 white comes from behind and kind of clothes lines him, "intentional foul"
Clothes lines him?? I believe that's a flagrant foul. He's history.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Trust me....everyone agrees that the NCAA Tech rules are a wild ride
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE
Clothes lines him?? I believe that's a flagrant foul. He's history. [/B][/QUOTE]

well that is why i said kind of??? it sounds worse than it was....i mean it was bad enough for a intentional, but was kind of a slow, kind of foul, with not a lot of force, it just caused an up roar because the big kid from orange couldn't get his shot off and he didn't like it....but if did over again, probably would of ejected both...with their 2nd t's
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Orange? Is that like red, but with two syllables?
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Wow - and I thought I had a bad night.

I called 8 technical fouls, but that was over the course of 5 intramural games. Hopefully tonight will go better for both of us!
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

On a double techincal foul situation do both teams get to shoot or do the technicals cancel each other out and go to AP?
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by johnsatchmo
On a double techincal foul situation do both teams get to shoot or do the technicals cancel each other out and go to AP?
The latter, in FED.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 03:27pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
I would never, never call orange "red." Where I'm from, orange is said in one syllable. Well, maybe one-and-a-half.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
I would never, never call orange "red." Where I'm from, orange is said in one syllable. Well, maybe one-and-a-half.
The rec team I coach here in PA is orange. And I mean real, Philadelphia Flyers (RIP) orange. We're usually "red" to the officials. The other night, we played a red team, so we were "gold". Rec leagues should pick from a standard palette of one-syllable, compatible colors. In our seven-team league, there's no excuse for two blue teams, nor for the situation earlier in the season with two dark jerseys, one forced to wear pinnies.