The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

" Sir - the rules are clear and do not indicate you have to be speaking to me directly to violate." "Let it go"

ART. 1 . . . Commit an unsporting foul. This includes, but is not limited to, acts or conduct such as:

a. Disrespectfully addressing an official.
b. Attempting to influence an official's decision.

c. Using profane or inappropriate language or obscene gestures.
d. Disrespectfully addressing, baiting or taunting an opponent.

NOTE: The NFHS disapproves of any form of taunting which is intended or designed to embarrass, ridicule or demean others under any circumstances including on the basis of race, religion, gender or national origin.

e. Objecting to an official's decision by rising from the bench or using gestures.
f. Inciting undesirable crowd reactions.
g. Team member(s) not remaining seated on the bench unless spontaneously reacting to an outstanding play by a member of their team and immediately returning to their seats or reporting to the scorer's table.
h. Being charged with fighting.
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 10:15am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
Since its a Y league, have you talked to whomever is in charge? If this coach is having that many sportsmanship problems, maybe its time they find someone else to work with his team. I would think that sportsmanship would be #1 to a Y league. Other than that, if he needs a second opinion on whether or not that's a T. Give me a call. I don't have games Sunday and I'd be more than happy to come in and ring him up for the same things you have.
After Gordon and I had to run him Saturday night, there was talk by the site supervisor that he may not be coaching in any more Y games. I may not see him this weekend afterall, but it's at a different Y, so I'm not sure. I'm keeping Sunday free this week, for my sanity.
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Wink

I told a coach last night(and this is a standard line for me):"I know you weren't talking TO me, but you were talking ABOUT me. That is a disrespectful address. . .(See RefDaddy's response earlier in this thread)"
That seems to de-escalate a lot of situations. Usually they back off and start coaching again.
AAR
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

asst warning

I gave the head coach a warning one night about his asst making comments like that. I told the asst and the head coach that I didn't want to hear anymore comments from him.

He told me that he was talking to the coach and that he wasn't directing his comments to me. I advised him that he may want to grab a pen and paper and start taking notes and that he could review them with the head coach at halftime, because I didn't want to hear anything else from him even if he was talking to the coach.
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Snaqwells,
Sorry, hit the enter key and it submitted my post on me before I was able to finish!
No excuses. If I hear your comments, you're responsible.
I think you've just found the perfect line for this sitch.

Mind if I borrow it?
Again, thanks for the line, I used it in a game today, and it worked perfectly.

I didn't have to T that coach