The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL RULE QUESTION??? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18109-high-school-basketball-rule-question.html)

Tony Parker Tue Feb 01, 2005 02:50pm

HS Basketball Rule Interpretation.... A1 throws for goal in the lane under his own basket. The ball does not touch the rim, backboard, or any opponent or teammate. A1 catches the air ball while still being on the ground with both feet. A1 tries for goal again. Is this travelling by National Federation of High School Rules???

Adam Tue Feb 01, 2005 02:53pm

No. If it is judged a shot attempt by the officials, it is not traveling as the shot resets everything. Only in the NBA is this traveling.

zebraman Tue Feb 01, 2005 02:55pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Parker
HS Basketball Rule Interpretation.... A1 throws for goal in the lane under his own basket. The ball does not touch the rim, backboard, or any opponent or teammate. A1 catches the air ball while still being on the ground with both feet. A1 tries for goal again. Is this travelling by National Federation of High School Rules???
Not traveling. Not even a violation if A1 were to move his/her feet. If the official feels that it's a try for goal, A1 can catch his/her own airball. Tony, please collect your $5.00 (or was that last year?). ;)

Z

jritchie Tue Feb 01, 2005 03:00pm

Comical

had girls varsity the other night... the girl was under her own basket and shot the ball all the way over, she caught it on the other side and shot it again all the way over and caught it before the defense got there and fouled her on her 3rd attempt...i almost couldn't blow my whistle because i was laughing because the bone heads actually fouled her after she missed everything twice....i would of just gotten on the other side and waited for the ball on the 3rd shot.... the crowd, coaches, janitors were all yelling at the top of their lungs...WALK WALK, TRAVEL TRAVEL, BOO BOO HISS HISS...I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD AND PROCEEDED TO REPORT MY FOUL!! I LOVE THIS JOB!!!

brandan89 Tue Feb 01, 2005 03:07pm

Re: Comical

Quote:

Originally posted by jritchie
had girls varsity the other night... the girl was under her own basket and shot the ball all the way over, she caught it on the other side and shot it again all the way over and caught it before the defense got there and fouled her on her 3rd attempt...i almost couldn't blow my whistle because i was laughing because the bone heads actually fouled her after she missed everything twice....i would of just gotten on the other side and waited for the ball on the 3rd shot.... the crowd, coaches, janitors were all yelling at the top of their lungs...WALK WALK, TRAVEL TRAVEL, BOO BOO HISS HISS...I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD AND PROCEEDED TO REPORT MY FOUL!! I LOVE THIS JOB!!!
Haha. Great story.

Mark Padgett Tue Feb 01, 2005 03:20pm

Tony - great game against the Sonics. BTW - your girlfriend is babe-a-licious.