Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 02:14pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by lds7199
What about this situation? Held ball is called and the coach for team A disagrees and loudly protests the call and receives a T. Will the possession arrow change when the ball is inbounded after the technical foul shots?
Nope, the penalty for the T includes possession for the non-offending team. Arrow doesn't change.
Or, ...Possession arrow is unaffected.
mick
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joseph2493
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgolf
How do you communicate this to the table so they don't switch the indicator?
Tell them during the intermission that the inbounds does not result in a change of possesion arrow.

Make sure that you watch after the throw in that the weren't "creatures of habit" and changed the arrow.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
I want to make sure that I understand this correctly.

In this situation I am still going to the table at halftime and switching the arrow like I would do at any other halftime, correct?

Because I do not know if the officials called this Technical before or after they had done their normal table administation, checking score, switching arrow, making sure everything is correct before leaving for the lockeroom.
Red,

I think I understand your question and the answer is yes - you "flip" the arrow but not because you have a change of possession. It is because the team that is supposed to get it to begin the 2nd half will now be going a different DIRECTION. Is that what you mean? Anyway, the tech, and subsequent throwin for the tech, do not have anything to do with which team gets the ball on the next jump ball situation.

Mulk
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Much Thanks Ronny

That is exactly what I was making sure of. i am not sure if I worded it wrong, but nobody seemed to pick up on what I was asking. That is what I thought, sometimes it is hard to figure out what question people are answering and it gets confusing.

Thanks again.