The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

I am just catching the end of the game here. GONZ vs SCU. Has anyone else seen this game?

Seems to be alot going here. Alot of fouls, several T's.

I just saw a play where a SCU player attempted to save a ball from going OOB, threw it back in off of GONZ players legs, and got a T called on him. Crowd chanting "BS, BS".

Can someone fill me in here on what I missed!

Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

I don't know exactly what happened at the end, but I did watch some of the first half and it seemed like a pretty physical game.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

I was going to start a thread on this, but someone beat me to it. At about the 1:30 mark or so (I'm in the midwest so this was at about 12:30 to me) there was a collision when a Gonzaga player went to the rim down the middle of the lane. The defender "flopped" in front of the contact which caused the officials to no call the play. The ball went quickly to the other end but the two players on the floor were still tangled up. The T stayed with them. As they were getting untangled there seemed to be some pushing. The T separated the players and after the play at the other end, The T called a double T. On the next possesion, there was a foul down low. After the whistle, a player from SCU saved the ball hard off a Gonzaga player and was given a T. It looked to me that they called the T to keep the game under control as they just had the double T on the previous possession. Also, after the double T, one of the SCU players supposedly should have fouled out of the game, but he remained in. I haven't checked out articles or boxscores yet so this is based solely on the announcers comments and we all know how accurate those are.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
...this is based solely on the announcers comments and we all know how accurate those are.
I would like to point out that the media always reports events correctly. Nothing is ever twisted to make it sound or appear that it could be taken out of context.
Third cup of coffee this morning and I have already got to hit on my morning sarcasm. It's going to be a good day.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

You know the captain of the US Olympic Sarcasm Team is a member of this forum.

Hey Mark, maybe some new talent to recruit for 2008. Only downside, is it takes him 3 cups of coffee before the sarcasm starts to flow. And I am not sure but I think the Olympics considers caffeine a banned substance in the sport of Sarcasm
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

BBJ,
Hopefully when reelections for the USOST come about the procedures will be fully explained and easily understandable. Otherwise, it could end up like the San Diego mayor's race.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 11:29am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudly
BBJ,
Hopefully when reelections for the USOST come about the procedures will be fully explained and easily understandable. Otherwise, it could end up like the San Diego mayor's race.
Or worse, the Washington Governor's race.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

My sarcasm usually starts when I roll out of bed. Not to get off the sarcasm subject, but did anyone else see the game? I thought the officials might have been able to handle the situations without calling the T's, especially the first double T. The official was right on top of the play and it looked as though there was some pushing to get the players untangled but I didn't think the pushing "looked" like it deserved a T, but then again I wasn't right on top of the play like the official was and certainly couldn't hear if the players were talking to each other. As always, just my opinion.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I didn't see the game, but my guess is that the reason for the double T was not the pushing that occurred. From the description offered above, the ball was still live at the other end of the floor. So two guys pushing each other during a live ball would've been called a double personal foul. My guess is that after they got untangled, they continued to jaw at each other on the way upcourt and the official decided to put a stop to it.

Again, that a complete guess b/c I didn't see the game. But it seems reasonable to me.
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 12:50pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Quote:
BBJ,
Hey now wait just a minute...we've had a damn fine governor's race here! It just so happens that we are in triple overtime and both sides are fouling to stop the clock...what more could we ask for??

And I'm sure that if there was any "dirty" or despicable play in the game being discussed, it ALL came from Santa Clara - cause we WA types are very clean players - we would NEVER break any rules....of course that doesn't include UW football and Slick Rick Nueheisel...
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Quote:
BBJ,
Hey now wait just a minute...we've had a damn fine governor's race here! It just so happens that we are in triple overtime and both sides are fouling to stop the clock...what more could we ask for??

And I'm sure that if there was any "dirty" or despicable play in the game being discussed, it ALL came from Santa Clara - cause we WA types are very clean players - we would NEVER break any rules....of course that doesn't include UW football and Slick Rick Nueheisel...
I especially like the breakneck speed with which the parties have changed their positions on the "game management" depending on who's winning and who's not. "Hey, look! Here's a whole bunch of extra ballots that we didn't have before!" "Wait a minute, that's not fair.... Oh, look we've got a box. too! Of course, their box shouldn't count, but ours should because..." Sounds like Calvinball to me!
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I especially like the breakneck speed with which the parties have changed their positions on the "game management" depending on who's winning and who's not. "Hey, look! Here's a whole bunch of extra ballots that we didn't have before!" "Wait a minute, that's not fair.... Oh, look we've got a box. too! Of course, their box shouldn't count, but ours should because..." Sounds like Calvinball to me! [/B]
In the military it's called a "Charlie Foxtrot" - and no I won't elaborate :-)
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 01:46pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
I especially like the breakneck speed with which the parties have changed their positions on the "game management" depending on who's winning and who's not. "Hey, look! Here's a whole bunch of extra ballots that we didn't have before!" "Wait a minute, that's not fair.... Oh, look we've got a box. too! Of course, their box shouldn't count, but ours should because..." Sounds like Calvinball to me!
In the military it's called a "Charlie Foxtrot" - and no I won't elaborate :-) [/B]
ROTFLOL!

yup.

Hmmm. Peanut clusters anyone?
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:

I'm not asking!
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 02:03pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not asking!
I get it, and I am shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you - that an Oregonian would belittle the election process of a neighboring state...shocked!!