The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

I got the score I needed on this test but these guys aggravate me. Question 66. T orF The penalty for requesting an excessive time out is two free throws plus the ball for a division line throw in. I answerd false because they left out "opposite the table". The correct answer was apparently True. Guess I'm supposed to be a mind reader as to what they
are looking for.
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Nope, you're just still learning how to take the tests. You can't read more into the question than is stated. Two FTs and the ball at the division line is a true statement. Opposite the table just makes it "more" true.
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Nope, you're just still learning how to take the tests. You can't read more into the question than is stated. Two FTs and the ball at the division line is a true statement. Opposite the table just makes it "more" true.
Obviously that's what they are looking for. I would argue that that question is poorly worded. If it is indeed a true statement than one could conclude that the ball could be inbounded either tableside or opposite the table.
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 06:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Tony is right. You cannot read too much into the question. Take what they give you and answer it based on that. The minute you take these tests and add things is the moment you either confuse yourself or get the answer wrong. Do not get caught up into the semantics of the question.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 08:41pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Obviously that's what they are looking for. I would argue that that question is poorly worded. If it is indeed a true statement than one could conclude that the ball could be inbounded either tableside or opposite the table.
Gordon,

There were pooly worded questions -- this wasn't one of them. It's a true statement as written.

--Rich