The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 25, 2004, 01:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
One of my sub varsity assignors has been no-lanyard since his first or second year when one broke on his shirt. I never noticed it till one game when we were talking during a dead ball and I saw nothing hanging on his shirt and i was like "dude - your lanyard broke again" and he was holding it in his hand. He made a bet with me that I couldnt go the rest of the game without dropping my whistle, I took him up on it. So anytime I worked with him we didnt use them. I kept it up during the AAU stuff and all that and I started a game this season without even thinking about it - my partner did even realize it till he didnt see the thing hanging on my shirt. It's become so much a part of my normality most peopel dont even recognize or can tell that I dont go without. Of course if an assignor or someone who matters tells me I need to wear one I wear one. always have a spare no-lanyard in my left pocket and a noose in my right. I've only gone to the noose twice this year because we were starting to have more and more deadball activity and I wanted both of my hands free.

I do find that it helps me slow down when blowing the whistle.