The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Well, that might explain it. You're talking to an East Texas native (Daingerfield, praise God.)that's been transplanted to the Midwest. Some might argue that East Texas is a little more like heaven than earth!
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 02:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by gostars
I didn't see it but someone told me about it and ask me what should have been done.
My question is who told you, and how do they know? It sounds like the last transmission in that old game of "telephone". There may have been some important facts left out of the telling.
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 02:11am
Official Forum Member

I dont no if i understand it but i guess in F.I.B.A that would be the wrong call if a player is injuredfrom the defensive team unless he is injured in the middle of play or if he leaves the court it would just be play on until the next time the ball goes dead.
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Now, I'm interested in the NCAA mens ruling on this, because isn't leaving the floor a violation ??
It's a violation when the player leaves voluntarily, returns, and is the first person to touch the ball.

On the original play -- it's a correctable error. (Okay -- it's not, but since I kicked it on the other thread, I thought I'd try it here.)

Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by gostars
I didn't see it but someone told me about it and ask me what should have been done.
My question is who told you, and how do they know? It sounds like the last transmission in that old game of "telephone". There may have been some important facts left out of the telling.
I don't think so. The person I talked to was one of the players from team A. I know they were taping all the games, and I'll see if I can get my hands on the tape.
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Wrong ruling

You would not penalize the offense in this situation by canceling the basket. No way.

What idiot coach is going to let his players stand around out of bounds so they can spit in a trash can? No wonder they lost by 43 points.
Old Tue Dec 21, 2004, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

I checked with the person who kept the visiting scorebook and she said that it really happened.

By the way, that was the close game.
Old Thu Dec 23, 2004, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18

As long as the ball has left the shooter's hands, no foul by B can cancel the shot.
Can't we just say no foul would cancel the shot? [NFHS]
Old Thu Dec 23, 2004, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Hmmm, cancel the shot and no T. If I'm a coach, I'm gonna have one player designated as my "step oob" player. Every time the other team shoots, he's gonna step oob and cancel the shot. As long as we get the first basket of the game, we'll be unbeatable.