Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 10:13am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

0.1 second before A1 becomes an airborne shooter, not 0.1 seconds before contact. This is the one siituation where I think that TOO MANY charges are being called -- when we don't note whether the driving player is already airborne before the defender slides in and LOOKS like he's established LGP.
I guess I should've been a bit more specific. But yes, LGP must be established before A1 becomes an airborne shooter.
Always? What's your call if an opponent has set up in a rebounding or defensive stance facing the basket, and was there before the shooter became airborne? Are you gonna call it on the defender just because he never had established LGP?
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

0.1 second before A1 becomes an airborne shooter, not 0.1 seconds before contact. This is the one siituation where I think that TOO MANY charges are being called -- when we don't note whether the driving player is already airborne before the defender slides in and LOOKS like he's established LGP.
I guess I should've been a bit more specific. But yes, LGP must be established before A1 becomes an airborne shooter.
Always? What's your call if an opponent has set up in a rebounding or defensive stance facing the basket, and was there before the shooter became airborne? Are you gonna call it on the defender just because he never had established LGP?
yea! Yea! What if he's standing there talking to a cheerleader, or telling his mommy what he wants for dinner? Is that a block?
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Our state associations (both boys and girls) covered this specific play at meetings. They definitely want the block or player control call (which fits this situation) made rather than the no-call so that's what I've been trying to do (I no called couple go early in the year out of habit).