The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 11:51pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 29,950
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I have noticed that Jr. coaches are really bad about the rules and it's sad. Here in IL, they don't have to attend a rules meeting. Now if 6th-8th grade is suppose to be about learning the game, how is this suppose to happen if the coaches aren't teaching them the correct rules, etc.? I had a 7/8th game tonight and it went pretty good. But of course these are the hardest games to call.
There are no Rules Meetings for Junior High sports in Illinois. Even at the HS level only one person from a high school is required to attend a meeting. Usually the coaches send the Freshman B coach that has never coached a game in his or her life. High School coaches are not that much better, they usually have been coaching a little longer.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 01:55am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,466
Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
I wouldn't ... think about it.
mick
Jr high?

I would.
Sparky,
I don't think about it.
Act!
Whack!
Fact!
mick
You're too clever for me to keep up with.
If you'd spend less time thinking up dirty blond jokes, you might do better. There, that's my one, and it'll be my only.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 03:51am
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

[/B]
You're too clever for me to keep up with.
[/B][/QUOTE]Blanket statement?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 09:17am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Irving, Texas
Posts: 675
Re: Good call Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man
Sounds like you made a good call Kevin.

I probably would T a coach depending on the type of behavior he or she has exhibited during the other parts of the game. But if that was the worst comment or the only comment like that all night I would vote for no T. But they would not have a very long leech after that.
I am still thinking about how long of a leech to give to a coach and whether the coach would appreciate a longer leech or a shorter leech.
__________________
- SamIAm (Senior Registered User) - (Concerning all judgement calls - they depend on age, ability, and severity)
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 09:30am
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Re: Re: Good call Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man
Sounds like you made a good call Kevin.

I probably would T a coach depending on the type of behavior he or she has exhibited during the other parts of the game. But if that was the worst comment or the only comment like that all night I would vote for no T. But they would not have a very long leech after that.
I am still thinking about how long of a leech to give to a coach and whether the coach would appreciate a longer leech or a shorter leech.
I'm in favor of the longest leech that you can find. And as many leeches as you can find, too.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 09:37am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 188
I was wondering what precisely caused the coach's leech to become shorter....on second thought, never mind
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 12:08pm
DJ DJ is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 244
Smile Blood thirsty...

What a bunch of blood thirsty animals to give the coach a leech instead of a leash. One squish and we will have transferable blood all over the uniforms.
__________________
"Will not leave you hanging!"
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just north of hell
Posts: 9,250
Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
You're too clever for me to keep up with.
[/B]
Blanket statement? [/B][/QUOTE]

Applies to everyone but you, Mr. French History Guy.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just north of hell
Posts: 9,250
Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
I wouldn't ... think about it.
mick
Jr high?

I would.
Sparky,
I don't think about it.
Act!
Whack!
Fact!
mick
You're too clever for me to keep up with.
If you'd spend less time thinking up dirty blond jokes, you might do better. There, that's my one, and it'll be my only.
ouch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1