The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Hey, DeNucci... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/16702-hey-denucci.html)

ChuckElias Sat Dec 04, 2004 09:24pm

Quote:

Originally posted by RecRefNC
Our college mascot was/is the Kangaroos. Kind of hard to get excited with that kind of mascot, although the cheerleaders DID try...
So you had young, nubile, scantily-clad college women imitating kangaroos by bouncing up and down? And you're saying you couldn't get excited by this? :confused:

mick Sat Dec 04, 2004 09:41pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
So you had...
Hmmm.

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 04, 2004 09:48pm

My HS team was (and still is) the Trojans. A few years ago, I was watching a UCLA - USC basketball game on television. One of the UCLA students had a sign that said "Flush Used Trojans".

Back In The Saddle Sun Dec 05, 2004 04:58am

It's amazing how such unusual names survive. The Jordan High Beetdiggers try to change their name every once in a while, and the alumni won't let them. Kind of a "if we got stuck with it, you will too" mentality.

rainmaker Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:26am

Quote:

Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
The Jordan High Beetdiggers try to change their name every once in a while, ...
This has got to be the trophy winner!

JRutledge Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:52am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

TBDBITL = The Best Damn Band in the Land

If you think that fits Ohio State, you have never been to a Black College Football Game Halftime show. I am sure Florida A&M, Southern University or Grambling State might have some say over that. ;)

All Ohio State can do is dot the "I."

Peace

mick Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge
I am sure Florida A&M, Southern University or Grambling State might have some say over that. ;)

Oh, yeah!
Southern and Grambling do git to it! :)
mick

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Dec 05, 2004 04:01pm

Quote:

Quote:

If you think that fits Ohio State, you have never been to a Black College Football Game Halftime show. I am sure Florida A&M, Southern University or Grambling State might have some say over that. ;)

Peace

The Ohio State University Marching Band has bill itself as The Best Damn Band in the Land for years, just at the University of Miami (Florida) Marching Band has been known as The Band of the Hour.

Not to change subjects but this question goes out to all of those Purdue grads, does Purdue still have its Golden Girl?

MTD, Sr.

rainmaker Sun Dec 05, 2004 05:05pm

Quote:

Quote:

Peace

I saw a special on TV last week about that. WOW!! Impressive. WHat really impressed me was that during half-time of the Grambling - Southern game the TV never showed a single shot of the band. Not even 1 second. Why in the world would anyone want to see yet more talking heads making more jokes about stupid football plays, when they could be viewing the best marching band in the country?

bob jenkins Sun Dec 05, 2004 05:22pm

Quote:

Not to change subjects but this question goes out to all of those Purdue grads, does Purdue still have its Golden Girl?

MTD, Sr.

Yes.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Dec 05, 2004 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

MTD, Sr.

Yes.

The Purdue Golden Girl, another great college football tradition, but not quite as great as the Script Ohio.

MTD, Sr.

Dan_ref Sun Dec 05, 2004 08:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by RecRefNC
Our college mascot was/is the Kangaroos. Kind of hard to get excited with that kind of mascot, although the cheerleaders DID try...
So you had young, nubile, scantily-clad college women imitating kangaroos by bouncing up and down? And you're saying you couldn't get excited by this? :confused:

http://quira.net/archives/may03/drool.jpg

JugglingReferee Sun Dec 05, 2004 08:28pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
My HS team was (and still is) the Trojans.
:D Me too. The North Park Trojans, from Brantford, Ontario.

mick Sun Dec 05, 2004 08:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee

The North Park Trojans, from Brantford, Ontario.

Nice town I hear.
Got snow down South?
mick

dblref Mon Dec 06, 2004 06:22am

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
LOL...we have a small NAIA school here in WA called The Evergreen State College...their mascot is the Geoduck...it's a really large clam. Always fun to do those games...
I know this school well -- my older son graduated in 1997. The mascot looks like a slug. I think Geoduck is pronounced "Gooeyduck".