In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by jbduke
JR,

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. For anybody like me who didn't know, "nonpareil" means "without peer" or "unequaled."

Thanks also for firing back with such vigor to this guy. I'd not referee before I worked for an assignor like him.
Dookie, his concept of all contact being a foul is certainly nonpareil.

I'm an assignor. I might be wrong, but I doubt very much if Assignmentmaker is also an assignor. I think that he just peddles the assigning software. He's entitled to his opinion on contact,of course, but his opinion isn't the popular one afaik.

Peddle? Pissant? Cherchez une life. I do 4K assignments, less than 100 times does an official, at any level, see the same team twice, yet strength of games and ability of officials is conserved.

Wanna bet your house against my vacuum cleaner about the truth?
Are you an assignor?

What levels do you officiate, and how long have you been doing so?

Just wondering what your credentials are to tell everybody else in the world that they are wrong, and that your own opinion is nonpareil.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

JR,

I can take the ribbing if that's what you're going after, no sweat. Just a point of information for those who might not know: "dookie" is a pejorative made popular by UNC fans, now used by legions of haters. "Dukie" is the neutral noun referring to any Duke athlete, student, supporter, etc.

JB
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 06:32pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
JR,

I can take the ribbing if that's what you're going after, no sweat. Just a point of information for those who might not know: "dookie" is a pejorative made popular by UNC fans, now used by legions of haters. "Dukie" is the neutral noun referring to any Duke athlete, student, supporter, etc.

Nothing meant at all, jb, one way or 'tother. There was no intent to rib-- even though I still hold that option over for later. If it bothers you, I'll use "Dukie" or "jb" instead.

Actually, I put Duke and North Carolina fanboys in the same boat anyway. Do you wanna know where I want that boat sent to?
Old Sun Mar 27, 2005, 01:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
JR,

JB
Yes, he's quite right. In fact, up until the late 50's, there was a "Beat Dook" parade down Franklin St. in Chapel Hill. The term "Dookie" is a relative newcomer to the lexicon between Carolina and Duke fans... They call us the "Wine and cheese crowd", or like Jesse Helms used to say; "Communist Hill, home of the university..." Fraternities used to steal from each other on a regular basis... What a great rivalry! If you've never lived it, you can't be expected to understand. My girlfriend in college was a Carolina grad, and her father was way up on the pecking order of the Duke Alumni Association... Thanksgiving at her house was always such a blast; we used to tear each other to shreds...and laugh till it hurt in the process. We LOVE to hate each other. I tell Duke fans all the time "Sorry, I can't do business with you...and shouldn't be talking to you..." We laugh and go right on with life...