Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Re: alternate shirts

Quote:
Originally posted by imaref
soccer....baseball and/or softball....
Soccer and I think baseball have not gone to alternate shirts, the have always had them. The reason being is so that their shirts do not match the color of any of the players shirts. This is why soccer has them atleast, I'm not sure about baseball but I'm sure its the same idea. I know Rut does baseball so he can comment if its the same as soccer.
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 05:43pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question Re: Re: alternate shirts

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Soccer and I think baseball have not gone to alternate shirts, the have always had them. The reason being is so that their shirts do not match the color of any of the players shirts. This is why soccer has them atleast, I'm not sure about baseball but I'm sure its the same idea. I know Rut does baseball so he can comment if its the same as soccer.
Soccer??? What's that? Oh yeah - it's that game for kids who can't use their hands. I think they play it in Europe, or some other foreign planet.
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: alternate shirts

Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that baseball "requires" the navy blue shirt.

Sure, some states might allow another color, and some officials wear another color, but the FED official uniform requires the navy.

Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Currently, the NF only allows gray on top of the head.
That means that Dan will have to spray-paint the top of his head. It's currently skin-covered.
He said allow, not required. It it was required, some of us youngsters would also be in trouble.
And who exactly would that be, Juulie?
I've been trying for years to go gray. Can't for the life of me figure out how. Although if being gray on top were one of the requirements for reffing, I'd at least have a better excuse than I do for not moving up.

BTW, what's the difference between gray with an 'a' and grey with an 'e'? This isn't a riddle or joke, it's an honest question.
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Talking going gray....???

I could only wish. My hair never had a chance to turn gray.....it all fell out before it had a chance!

Hey....bald is beautiful!

Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 06:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Currently, the NF only allows gray on top of the head.
That means that Dan will have to spray-paint the top of his head. It's currently skin-covered.
He said allow, not required. It it was required, some of us youngsters would also be in trouble.
And who exactly would that be, Juulie?
I've been trying for years to go gray. Can't for the life of me figure out how. Although if being gray on top were one of the requirements for reffing, I'd at least have a better excuse than I do for not moving up.

BTW, what's the difference between gray with an 'a' and grey with an 'e'? This isn't a riddle or joke, it's an honest question.
Juulie - I think you should go blonde. It would look really cool with your fishnets.

As to the difference between "gray" and "grey" - Webster says the "e-y" spelling is British, although certainly they have become almost interchangable.

BTW - the "Webster" to which I refer is not Emmanual Lewis.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Mandatory in Montana

We went with an optional grey last year, the Montana HS Association is making the grey shirt mandatory beginning in 2006-7...

And tonight at my local meeting one of our guys comes in with a catalog with grey shirts w/ red/blue insets like the NBA-what'll they make next...purple?!
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: alternate shirts

Quote:
Quote:
Soccer referees used to wear black and the teams were not allowed to wear black. There was a big push a few years ago by many teams which wished to wear black. A change was made to allow this. This change is what required the officials to carry at least 3 colors. You couldn't have just two because what if one team showed up in black and the other team was wearing your alternate shirt! Currently NFHS soccer officials have gold, red, black, and blue shirts.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2004, 06:50am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: IAABO_Ref perspective!

Quote:
Quote:
Look, other sports have gone to alternate shirts....why not basketball?
They have?
Yep. It's rare in this area to see a soccer offical wearing the traditional black body/white collar/white sleeve trim shirt. I haven't officated soccer for 3 years, but I used to wear the fuscia(?), yellow, and gray shirts. Didn't matter which as long as the crew was the same.