The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   THE OFFICIALS IN AND 1 GAMES (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/16422-officials-1-games.html)

ROMANO Sat Nov 13, 2004 04:50pm

HEY
I was wondering, since I'm a mannager of the first AND1 offical store in Israel
i'm "forced" to watch the AND1 Mixtapes videos and i see the refrees there and so many violations in the games that they ignoring and i wondered how can they let so many violations not to be call??
and who are the refrees in the and 1 games?
are the officals also in the NCAA or NBA?

[Edited by ROMANO on Nov 13th, 2004 at 05:19 PM]

Love2ref4Ever Sat Nov 13, 2004 05:06pm

The Officials In And 1 Games

I have worked those games before and you are told prior to the games what to call and what not to call. Your basicly just picking up a check. Those games are entertainment and what we call violations are entertainment to the And 1 fans!

ROMANO Sat Nov 13, 2004 05:29pm

i really think they ruining the reputation of official refs around the world.
who gave them the insructions
what to call and what no to call?

BktBallRef Sat Nov 13, 2004 05:31pm

No, they aren't ruining the reputation of officials. This is simply a street version of organized basketball. It is nothing like HS or college basketball in the US.

Mark Padgett Sat Nov 13, 2004 05:37pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ROMANO
HEY
i see the refrees there and so many violations in the games that they ignoring and i wondered how can they let so many violations not to be call??
[Edited by ROMANO on Nov 13th, 2004 at 05:19 PM]

Are you sure you're not just watching NBA tapes? ;)

ROMANO Sat Nov 13, 2004 05:38pm

I think it's not easy to be one of the officals in the AND1 game because if i see something that i know i most call i will call it.
i can't ignore for example if i see some player kick the ball like in football game.. i will give him in the same sec' a nice T foul..

BktBallRef Sat Nov 13, 2004 06:42pm

Never seen the Harlem Globetrotters, have you?

zebraman Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Never seen the Harlem Globetrotters, have you?
Or professional wrestling.

Z

Love2ref4Ever Sun Nov 14, 2004 07:44am

The Officials In And 1 Games

Officiating is one craft where you must be adaptable, I don't care what league at what level you may work. If your supervisor tells you to call this and pass on that,you will do so if you want to continue to work that league. Sure And 1 games are not for everyone, but it may be for some. The bottom line is: When in Rome, you do what the Romans do!

ROMANO Sun Nov 14, 2004 08:42am

Romano, rome, romans.. you are right
but who are the officials in the games?
are they professionals from the NBA?

BktBallRef Sun Nov 14, 2004 09:18am

No, they are not. There just amateur officials that are contracted to do the games.

stripes Sun Nov 14, 2004 02:54pm

I have been told by every assignor I work for how they want games called. What's the difference?

Jurassic Referee Sun Nov 14, 2004 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally posted by stripes
I have been told by every assignor I work for how they want games called. What's the difference?
How many assigners have told you NOT to call travelling, palming, double-dribbles, taunting, swinging on the rim, etc, etc.

AND1 games are simply entertainment, like the Trotters, and are usually officiated that way.

ROMANO Sun Nov 14, 2004 05:49pm

i agree with you Jurassic Referee
but what is a assignor ?

BktBallRef Sun Nov 14, 2004 05:59pm

An ASSIGNOR ASSIGNS games to officials.