The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 10, 2004, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Tell you what - I'm not taking a blow. At that moment, I'm like anyone else. And we'll sort it out later.

Player, fan, coach - doesn't matter. They come at me, they're going down. And that's the last time I officiate. It's not worth it.

Long ago someone told me it was better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.
Old Tue Aug 10, 2004, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

I agree, someones getting a 13 in the rear. I think patience is key here. We've all seen basketball fights. Noisy, several people, little bumping and NO PUNCHES. I'd hate to have someone bluffing and I start throwing. Although, if they have no business on the floor, then they get what's coming. Several states have laws in place regarding assaulting refs/umps. Hopefully, the games that have a higher risk of this happening will have more game mgmt and badges.
Old Tue Aug 10, 2004, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
I agree, someones getting a 13 in the rear. I think patience is key here. We've all seen basketball fights. Noisy, several people, little bumping and NO PUNCHES. I'd hate to have someone bluffing and I start throwing. Although, if they have no business on the floor, then they get what's coming. Several states have laws in place regarding assaulting refs/umps. Hopefully, the games that have a higher risk of this happening will have more game mgmt and badges.
I guess that's what I hope never happens, someone bluffs and I throw.
Old Tue Aug 10, 2004, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I've updated the original post to include the correct link.
Brad, thanks. Will you also pay for my subscription so I can view it? Or at least tell me the player's name. Thanks. (correctly spelled - Nobody named Bowling)
__________________________________________________ ______
"One moment you're waiting for the sky to fall; next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all" - BNL