The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 23, 2001, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

When is it legal for a player standing out of bounds to toss the ball to another player who is also standing out of bounds?
Old Tue Jan 23, 2001, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

WHEN THERE IS NOT A SPOT THROW IN.
Old Tue Jan 23, 2001, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
During warm-ups, during a dead ball -- if they are relaying it to a ref, or after a made or awarded goal ( a non-spot throw-in). The book also says that there can be more than two players out-of-bounds, more than one pass, and it can go back and forth, bu it must happen in less than 5 seconds, the ball cannot be carried onto the court, and the person who receives the ball in-bounds has to have touched the court in-bounds before he/she touches the ball. Wow! I feel like I'm warming up for the LSAT!
Old Thu Jan 25, 2001, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
During warm-ups, during a dead ball -- if they are relaying it to a ref, or after a made or awarded goal ( a non-spot throw-in). The book also says that there can be more than two players out-of-bounds, more than one pass, and it can go back and forth, bu it must happen in less than 5 seconds, the ball cannot be carried onto the court, and the person who receives the ball in-bounds has to have touched the court in-bounds before he/she touches the ball. Wow! I feel like I'm warming up for the LSAT!
The "during warm-ups" response covered everything - so law might just be the right thing for you.