Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Unfortunately, I sometimes don't reads them very well!!! Just went back and reread the memo - it applies to a DEFENSIVE foul on someone besides the shooter... does not apply to a team control foul.
So thinking back quickly over the season, how many wrong calls did you make? Or is this not a reading issue, but just a senior moment?
[/B]
Great choices she's giving you, Rocky. You've either screwed up calls, you can't read, or your minds going because you're old. Which door ya picking? [/B][/QUOTE]

Could be she's saying he's a racist because he's old?

Ever consider that possibility...?

Just sayin'... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm....could it be Dan is still upset by some distasteful, youthful, thoughtless, prejudiced comments by one of our younger members about the older generation (who is that, me, you, JR????) being more prejudiced than the younger generation (who is that???) Note to younger members - read quote below

BTW, Dan where in NY do you officiate? I was up around the Albany/Schenectady/Troy area from 92 - 99.
__________________________________________________ _
"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."--Chinese proverb

Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I sometimes don't reads them very well!!! Just went back and reread the memo - it applies to a DEFENSIVE foul on someone besides the shooter... does not apply to a team control foul.
So thinking back quickly over the season, how many wrong calls did you make? Or is this not a reading issue, but just a senior moment?
Great choices she's giving you, Rocky. You've either screwed up calls, you can't read, or your minds going because you're old. Which door ya picking? [/B]

Just sayin'... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm....could it be Dan is still upset by some distasteful, youthful, thoughtless, prejudiced comments by one of our younger members about the older generation (who is that, me, you, JR????) being more prejudiced than the younger generation (who is that???) Note to younger members - read quote below

BTW, Dan where in NY do you officiate? I was up around the Albany/Schenectady/Troy area from 92 - 99.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Nah..Dan doesn't get upset by some of the things said by the younger members.

On the other hand, Dan really, really likes to stir the pot. I'm still hopeful JR takes the bait & takes off with it.

I never get as far north as Albany in my officiating although I have worked with some really fine Albany guys.
Old Wed Jun 16, 2004, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great choices she's giving you, Rocky. You've either screwed up calls, you can't read, or your minds going because you're old. Which door ya picking?

Just sayin'... [/B]

[/B][/QUOTE]

Nah..Dan doesn't get upset by some of the things said by the younger members.

On the other hand, Dan really, really likes to stir the pot. I'm still hopeful JR takes the bait & takes off with it.

I never get as far north as Albany in my officiating although I have worked with some really fine Albany guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

Troublemakin NY Yankee fan.....
Old Thu Jun 17, 2004, 02:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by GA ref
A1 shoots a jump shot. AFTER the ball as been released,
A4 fouls B4 in the low post . Is the basket counted or not ? I believe that it is not counted when the offensive team fouls, BUT is counted when it is a defensive foul. Please respond for both HS and college games. I have looked through the HS rule book twice and I can't find a rule that pretains.
The basket counts in all cases (NF, NCAAM/W). The situation that causes a basket not to count is a player-control foul. Check out the definition of PC foul in Rule 4 and the live/dead ball regulations in Rule 6. (I can give more specific references for the NCAA rules. I don't use NF rules so I don't have those books.)
In a JV/V 2 game set tonight I had one of each. JV game the defender under the basket two hand shoved the opponent during a shot from the outside.
In the V game the offensive player underneath got pissed at his opponent and gave him a knock while his teammate made a three.
We counted both baskets. In the JV game the offense was not in the bonus so they got the ball OOB on the end line. In the V game we simply inbound going the other way. I would have let them run the end line, too, but it didn't matter.