The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 31, 2004, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

BktBallRef, you seriously must be smoking something. Man, I used to enjoy reading your posts but your way off base here. No doubt. If what you are suggesting is true, then there is an anti-shaq conspiricy. And if that were true, officials could have him fouled out by half-time of every game.

You make Shaq out to be this misunderstood gentle-giant that is always abused and never wrong. Uhh, no. Because of his size and skill, Shaq in the low-post vs. anybody is the most physical play in the NBA. There has to be some lattitude or fans will never get to see a play. Common sense.

Dang. Ok, starting now, I'll never discuss the NBA again.
Old Mon May 31, 2004, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by footlocker
BktBallRef, you seriously must be smoking something. Man, I used to enjoy reading your posts but your way off base here. No doubt. If what you are suggesting is true, then there is an anti-shaq conspiricy. And if that were true, officials could have him fouled out by half-time of every game.

You make Shaq out to be this misunderstood gentle-giant that is always abused and never wrong. Uhh, no. Because of his size and skill, Shaq in the low-post vs. anybody is the most physical play in the NBA. There has to be some lattitude or fans will never get to see a play. Common sense.
Sorry partner, I didn't mean to speak over your head.

You missed the whole point. Because of his size and skill, he is defended differently. Therefore, he and the defenders who guard him are officiated differently. That's why NBA officials have been quoted as saying it's difficult to officiate him. He's no gentle giant, nor is there "anti-shaq conspiracy." But he also isn't the "bull in a china shop" that people who don't understand the NBA game would have you believe. There's a balance but fans being fans, think that their team is pushed around by Shaq. Imagine that, fans biased toward their team.

Quote:
Dang. Ok, starting now, I'll never discuss the NBA again.
Good!
Old Tue Jun 01, 2004, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

I agree he definitely gets mugged.....