The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 03, 2005, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bbref3103
anyone know anything about the "Hoopmountain" camp near the Boston area?
It's at Stonehill College, which is just south of Boston. Here's their website:

http://www.hoopmountain.com/mensrefereecamps4.html
Old Wed May 04, 2005, 07:39am
Official Forum Member

Mark -- thanks for the reply. I have signed up for the camp -- just wanted to know if anyone has ever been and what to expect.
Old Wed May 04, 2005, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
I'm attending Joe DeRosa's camp at Rio Grande, OH June 17-19. I'm looking for another good college 3-man camp that I can drive to ( <5 hrs ). I'm in Columbus, OH.

Derosa is not having camp at Rio this year. This from an e-mail he sent....

Here is a quick update concerning camps this summer. There will NOT be a camp at Rio Grande this summer. As of this date the only camp we have scheduled will be held at Kent State University on June 17 - 19. With only one camp most likely the session will fill in a short period of time.
I will be present at this camp from start to finish with the exception of a prior commitment early on June 18.

You can get detailed information about the Kent State camp at:

http://www.bluestreakcamps.com/derosabasketball.txp

or you can contact Pat Madine to receive a camp information sheet emailed directly to you.

Old Wed May 04, 2005, 04:05pm
9 times

Wyoref--I'll be in Albuquerque for Verne's camp. Email me and we'll meet there.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Midwest Referee School. http://www.MWCOfficials.com

Includes 6 hours IHSA certified clinic free to campers at no additional cost. Is't a excellent officials school.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 02:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to MyBway6 Send a message via Yahoo to MyBway6
I went to the IIOC camp last year and learned a great deal. I was invited again, but can't afford it this year, anyone have information on free camps? I am looking for info specifically on the Miss St camp as well. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

Midwest Referee School

Midwest Referee School

MWCOfficials.com

Ideal for officials who wish to improve their level of officiating. This is a no brown nose or suck up school. We tell it like it is. The clinician's are top rated officials and work hard for you to succeed.

Old Tue May 17, 2005, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Re: Midwest Referee School

Quote:
Originally posted by arref
Midwest Referee School

MWCOfficials.com

Ideal for officials who wish to improve their level of officiating. This is a no brown nose or suck up school. We tell it like it is. The clinician's are top rated officials and work hard for you to succeed.

I agree. It's a great school -- even if I can't make it this year.

Old Tue May 17, 2005, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

West Coast Camps

Anyone know of California camps that would be appropriate for 2 year man wanting to learn ?
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

does anyone know of any men's collegiate camps in California during the summer?
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 11:30am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by jont
does anyone know of any men's collegiate camps in California during the summer?
Are you looking for Men's or Women's? I don't know about Women's but Charlie Range has a camp in Oakland. It isn't a teaching camp and the competition, among officials, is fierce. I can find out some more depending on what level of camp you want to go to. Hit me with an email.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Re: West Coast Camps

Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
Anyone know of California camps that would be appropriate for 2 year man wanting to learn ?
2005 Summer Camps & Clinics:

Date(s) Location & Description Cost Contact
June 4-5 NOR-CAL Officials Camp
University of the Pacific

3-person officiating camp. Officiate some of California's finest basketball players at Pacific's Supreme Court invitation only team camp with junior college assignors present along with top quality instruction from several Division I, II, NAIA and Junior College officials.

Download NOR-CAL Officials Camp Registration Form (PDF) $75 Bret Silveira
c/o NOR-CAL Camp
1413 Oakridge Court
Modesto, CA 95351
209-531-1294
[email protected]
June 10-12 SACO/BRONC Men's Basketball Camp
CSU - Chico

This camp is targeted to officials aspiring to work men's basketball at the collegiate level in northern California. The camp provides one of the best values around at only $60 which includes exceptional instruction, accommodations in the CSU-Chico dorms, a great BBQ, and more.

Download SACO/BRONC Summer Camp Registration Form (PDF) $60 Scott Johnson
325 W. Lindo
Chico, CA 95926
530-891-8182
[email protected]
June 10-12 Earn Your Stripes Officials Basketball Camp
St. Mary's College

This camp will focus on the 3-person women's college mechanics. Please visit their website for more information including a registration form at: http://www.earnyourstripes.us $175 Mazetta Garrett
Camp Director
P.O. Box 347411
San Francisco, CA 94134

All questions to:
[email protected]
June 24-26 JC Developmental Camp
UC Santa Barbara

This camp is specifically designed for both men and women's basketball officials desiring to officiate at the Community College level, an opportunity to learn and understand the culture of JC basketball and how to maintain "staying power" to progress in the college game. Since space is limited to the first 75 officials, to reserve a spot in the camp, interested officials should send a fax, email or call the Camp Director with your name, address and phone numbers indicating your desire to be included in the camp.

Download UCSB JC Developmental Camp Information Sheet (PDF) $195 Bill White
Camp Director
661-259-0993 (home)
661-510-2104 (cell)
661-287-4383 (fax)
[email protected]
June 24-26 SACO/BRONC Women's Basketball Camp
CSU - Chico

This camp is targeted to officials aspiring to work women's basketball at the collegiate level in northern California. The camp provides one of the best values around at only $60 which includes exceptional instruction, accommodations in the CSU-Chico dorms, a great BBQ, and more.

Download SACO/BRONC Summer Camp Registration Form (PDF) $60 Scott Johnson
325 W. Lindo
Chico, CA 95926
530-891-8182
[email protected]
July 22-26 CCAA Basketball Officials' Prospect Camp
Las Vegas, NV

The California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) will again hold its annual NCAA Basketball Developmental Camp for prospects in Las Vegas, Nevada this summer. In an effort to accommodate the increasing number of aspiring officials who wish to be seen and gain exposure to college supervisors and assignors, a select number of officials will be invited to attend this camp. Since this is an Invitation Only camp, interested officials should send a fax or email to the Camp Director indicating a desire to be invited to the camp, and include a brief resume of your background and officiating experience. Invitations will be sent to the most qualified applicants. This should be sent as soon as possible.

Download CCAA Officials Prospect Camp Information Sheet (PDF)

Old Tue May 17, 2005, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

MyBway6 how do they treat you at IIOC. Is it like bootcamp for officials, because if it is that would be great. If you have any further advice I would love it.

P.S. If anyone else is going please let me know. Would love to talk once you get there.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

I just registered for the Coast to Coast camp and am looking forward to this

Sorta off topic, but I just wanted to share
Old Wed May 18, 2005, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to MyBway6 Send a message via Yahoo to MyBway6
Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
MyBway6 how do they treat you at IIOC. Is it like bootcamp for officials, because if it is that would be great. If you have any further advice I would love it.

P.S. If anyone else is going please let me know. Would love to talk once you get there.
refTN.... yeah, it's hectic at IIOC but I enjoyed it. It's all NBA officials that are evaluating you and you actually learn a lot from them. Some are MUCH tougher than others... but it's all for you to be able to learn and trust me, you remember it afterwards too. You're up from about 6:30 in the morning til about 12-12:30 sometimes at night. So it's a great experience and I would absolutely love to go back this year, but just can't afford it since I'm a college student. ANYONE want to donate to the me going to camp fund... LET ME KNOW! HA I'll even take sponsorships!