The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   And another season down the... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/13119-another-season-down.html)

Dan_ref Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:12pm

...toilet. My observations:

- The refereeing was terrible...teeeerrrrrible I say. How dare these people have the nerve to take control of these games???!!! Teeeeerrrrrible!!! I mean REALLY...don't they realize what we all expect of them???!!

- And what will become of poor little Storrs, CT? I expect it's going to be safer in Fallujah tonight...at least the hoodlums don't drink in Fallujah...and any cars they overturn will already be burned up anyway...

- Speaking of UCONN...I fully expect an investigation to be initiated in the coming weeks in order to determine how teams from the Big East could win BOTH D1 national championships. I mean really...the Big East :rolleyes: couldn't we find ONE team south of Philadelphia good enough to win this damn thing??? Not even one? Come on now! We need to find out exactly who dextered this thing up so badly!

So that's it. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy summer season. Go to a good camp, work some AAU games, toss a few coaches, enjoy the time off and enjoy your families.

BktBallRef Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:15pm

Only in Connecticut could a group of men win a National Championship and still not be the best program on campus. ;)

Dan_ref Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Only in Connecticut could a group of men win a National Championship and still not be the best program on campus. ;)
It's been my experience that on average a group of men in Connecticut is indistinguishable from a group of women in Connecticut.

BTW, maybe one of those Raleigh teams could win one from Gino's girls? Maybe...

BktBallRef Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

It's been my experience that on average a group of men in Connecticut is indistinguishable from a group of women in Connecticut.

:D

Quote:

Not bloody likely! :)

BTW, there's only one women's team in Raleigh! ;)

Dan_ref Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:31pm

Quote:

Quote:

Not bloody likely! :)

BTW, there's only one women's team in Raleigh! ;) [/B]
Well uhmmmm...I kinda meant the other side...

BktBallRef Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:38pm

Hmmmm...okay...well, there's only one men's team in Raleigh too.

And while Gino's girls are good, they aren't that good.

Mark Dexter Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:34pm

Quote:

You ever been to Connecticut? And, by Connecticut, I mean any part of Connecticut not directly touching New York?

BktBallRef Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:36pm

I think you struck a nerve, sparky. :)

Mark Dexter Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:36pm

Quote:

- And what will become of poor little Storrs, CT? I expect it's going to be safer in Fallujah tonight...at least the hoodlums don't drink in Fallujah...and any cars they overturn will already be burned up anyway...

Dan's not kidding - coming from pretty near Storrs, I can attest to their tendencies to burn cars, sofas, anything they can find when they celebrate. UConn actually called in neighboring fire departments last night - probably there tonight, too.

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 07, 2004 02:31am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
You ever been to Connecticut? And, by Connecticut, I mean any part of Connecticut not directly touching New York? [/B][/QUOTE]Yeah, I spent a month there one weekend.

WinterWillie Wed Apr 07, 2004 02:56am

Get over it

Quote:

What a tormented mind, you'd better seek professional help before you slit your wrists.

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 07, 2004 03:01am

Quote:

[/B]
Dan's not kidding - coming from pretty near Storrs, I can attest to their tendencies to burn cars, sofas, anything they can find when they celebrate.

[QUOTE]Sure they're not just cold?

dblref Wed Apr 07, 2004 06:08am

Quote:

Quote:

You ever been to Connecticut? And, by Connecticut, I mean any part of Connecticut not directly touching New York?

If it's so good, why did you decide to attend GWU? Can you say "quality education"?:D

BktBallRef Wed Apr 07, 2004 07:09am

Quote:

Originally posted by WinterWillie
Quote:

What a tormented mind, you'd better seek professional help before you slit your wrists.

Huh? Get over what?

The UConn women's program is the best women's program in the country. The men's program, while very good, has not yet reached that pinnacle. It can be compared to UCLA during LewAlcindor's freshman year. While the varsity won the national championship, they were the second best team on campus, as Alcindor and his teammates routinely beat the upperclassmen.

So you get over it. :)

[Edited by BktBallRef on Apr 8th, 2004 at 08:16 PM]

BBall_Junkie Wed Apr 07, 2004 07:34am

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Please refrain from the personal attacks. Differing opinions are ok and they can be expressed in a mature fashion.

Let's not let this forum, go the way that some other forums have gone.

Now back to civilized discussion, friendly debates/arguments regarding plays, which conferences are better, which coaches are the best/ worst, war stories regarding upcoming AAU ball and the occasional fun poking and ribbing we officials give each other from time to time!

Regards,

Brendan