The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   And another season down the... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/13119-another-season-down.html)

Dan_ref Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:07am

Quote:

Originally posted by BBall_Junkie
Quote:

Originally posted by Snaqwells
But you can get in trouble for lighting cows on fire. :)
And you can't get in trouble for lighting cars on fire? :confused: :D

Here in Texas, we have a lot of cows and a lot of cars and lighting either of them on fire is illegal. :D

Different values in Conneticut I guess ;)

Could be...but I can't for the life of me recall the last time a man was chained to the back of a pickup and dragged through a street in Connecticut.

Can you?

BBall_Junkie Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:22am

Ouch, low blow. :) However, those responsible are awaiting their turn on the gurney where they will receive an injection that ceases their existance on the planet. And, while it takes most states years to carry out this sentence, Texas has an "express lane". Although, we can't control what individuals do, we do address the actions when needed ;)

Dan_ref Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:29am

Quote:

Ouch, low blow. :) However, those responsible are awaiting their turn on the gurney where they will receive an injection that ceases their existance on the planet. And, while it takes most states years to carry out this sentence, Texas has an "express lane". Although, we can't control what individuals do, we do address the actions when needed ;)
Just saying...you know, keeping it real & all that.

BBall_Junkie Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:31am

I hear ya ;)

BktBallRef Thu Apr 08, 2004 01:50pm

Quote:

And, while it takes most states years to carry out this sentence, Texas has an "express lane".
"In Texas, if you kill somebody, we will kill you back! That's our policy!"

Giter done!! :D

BBall_Junkie Thu Apr 08, 2004 02:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

And, while it takes most states years to carry out this sentence, Texas has an "express lane".

LOL!

Ah a fellow "Blue Collar Comedy" fan. However, I believe it was Ron White with the "Express Lane" bit and Larry the Cable Guy with the "Giter Done" phrase...Although not 100% sure. :D

BktBallRef Thu Apr 08, 2004 02:36pm

Yes, it was. But I love both lines! ;)

WinterWillie Fri Apr 09, 2004 07:10am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
Only in Connecticut could a group of men win a National Championship and still not be the best program on campus.
The men's program, while very good, has not yet reached that pinnacle.[/i]
[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

<i>Jim Calhoun has won two national championships and has been nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame. How many national championships has Roy Williams won?<i>

BktBallRef Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:30am

Jim Calhoun has done a wonderful job at Connecticut. He has built a tremendous program. But it is not the best program in the country. It also doesn't yet have the history of many of the great programs in college basketball. It may be at some point but it's not there yet. Sorry if that ruffles your feather but that's MHO. I'm sure there are many who share it.

I wouldn't worry about Roy too much. I'm confident he will lead UNC back to the top. I don't think many people will argue that point either. But I knew he wasn't going to do it in one season. BTW, he's 1-0 against UConn since returning to Chapel Hill. ;)

dblref Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:33am

Quote:

Quote:

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Virginia is quickly becoming the same way. I think we rank only slightly behind Texas is pushing 'em through.

WinterWillie Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:46am

Gampel Pavilion

Quote:

Jim Calhoun has done a wonderful job at Connecticut. He has built a tremendous program. But it is not the best program in the country. It also doesn't yet have the history of many of the great programs in college basketball. It may be at some point but it's not there yet. Sorry if that ruffles your feather but that's MHO. I'm sure there are many who share it.

I wouldn't worry about Roy too much. I'm confident he will lead UNC back to the top. I don't think many people will argue that point either. But I knew he wasn't going to do it in one season. BTW, he's 1-0 against UConn since returning to Chapel Hill. ;)

Roy hasn't won at Gampel Pavilion.

Andy Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:21am

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!

Ah a fellow "Blue Collar Comedy" fan. However, I believe it was Ron White with the "Express Lane" bit and Larry the Cable Guy with the "Giter Done" phrase...Although not 100% sure. :D

I was at one of the two shows where they taped the Blue Collar Comedy Tour here in Phoenix. One of the funniest things I've ever seen! You won't see me in any of the audience shots, however. We were waaaaaaay in the back.

BktBallRef Fri Apr 09, 2004 04:11pm

Re: Gampel Pavilion

Quote:

Originally posted by WinterWillie
Who cares?

WinterWillie Fri Apr 09, 2004 04:57pm

Gampel Pavilion

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by WinterWillie
Who cares?

The same people who care about your opinions-no one.
Only stating a fact, not an opinion.

BktBallRef Fri Apr 09, 2004 05:14pm

Dude, you're just babbling. Has Williams taken the Heels to play in Gimp Pavilion yet? No he hasn't, so what's your point. He also hasn't taken them to Pauley Pavilion. So, I repeat, who cares? The fact remains, the National Champions lost to Carolina this year.

I'm done with you. Feel free to have the last word my friend.