Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

Pants - black socks
Shorts - white socks
Speedos - one black, one white
I knew your voice was a little high for a man! What are you doing up?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by wyoref
In attending my first Officials camps this summer, what kinds of black shorts and brands are out there? Most camps require a black short of some type but othere than the good old "polyester" umpire shorts anybody have any other ideas? Thanks
P.S. Its sad to see the Basketball season coming to a close, as Im not a big baseball fan.
What you really need to do, is ask the camp director or registrar what they prefer. If they don't care, ask around with other attenders. It depends SO MUCH on your locale and the personalities involved.

My personal preference is a split skirt with a flat waistband and pleated front panel, just above knee length. Not too many people on this board gonna get away with that one! But no one's ever complained to me!
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

My personal preference is a split skirt with a flat waistband and pleated front panel, just above knee length. Not too many people on this board gonna get away with that one! But no one's ever complained to me!
Juulie - you been a'goin' over and reffin that-there lacrosse?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 12:58pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
[/B]
My personal preference is a split skirt with a flat waistband and pleated front panel, just above knee length.

[/B][/QUOTE]I wear mine just below knee length. Don't want to appear desperate.
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

But do you wear fishnets with shorts, or is that only with long pants?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

With the skirt, do you wear black heels or white ones?

As for socks, go for the nike sock that just comes to the ankle not over it.

And with the skirt, do you wear a scarf?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Speaking of the improvement in bball gear over the years....it's no wonder players can sky so high. Just fantasizing about what former NBA players like Connie Hawkins and Johnny Green (6'5" player who could pluck quarters off the top of the backboard and once stuffed Wilt Chamberlain)could have done in their day if they had the "rocket launchers" they call sneaks today.

And looking for some feedback from the group on why bball officials are still wearing long pants? Game is indoors - wear long pants; lacrosse, soccer, football - game is outdoors - wear shorts. Where is the logic?

"The trouble with the world today is that there is too much apathy - but then, WHO CARES" - Me
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 06:09pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
Speaking of the improvement in bball gear over the years....it's no wonder players can sky so high. Just fantasizing about what former NBA players like Connie Hawkins and Johnny Green (6'5" player who could pluck quarters off the top of the backboard and once stuffed Wilt Chamberlain)could have done in their day if they had the "rocket launchers" they call sneaks today.

Saw both of them live back in the day. Jumpin' Johnny Green. He could pluck a quarter, but then he'd probably drop it. Just had terrible hands and couldn't shoot worth a damn. As for Connie Hawkins, it's just a damn shame that he never got to the NBA until he was way past his prime. Just a great, great player- one of the all-time greats imo. Huge hands and amazing hops. Played with the Trotters for years. He was Dr. J and Michael before anyone even thought of them.
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

I see you know them well. I actually saw Hawkins play (in person) when he was in his prime. He played in charity game in NYC with NBA stars at the time. "Hawk" didn't get to the game until halftime. He wore these sneaks that had "The Hawk" emblazoned on the back of them. He scored 50 points in that half. Greatest individual performance I have ever seen (and these eyes have seen a lot).