The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WHO READS THIS BOARD ??? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12979-who-reads-board.html)

ChuckElias Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:25am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
...fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks,
tough kids, sissy kids,
even kids with chicken pox...

The dogs. . . kids. . . love . . . to . . .biiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!! :)

mnref14 Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:34am

IAMAREF

I have no problem answering your question about levels worked, but I agree it has no bearing on who knows more than whom. I ref High School Girls and Boys Basketball, and JuCo, D II and D III Men's Hoops; I ref HS Football and D II and D III Football. I'm sure your reasons for asking this question are pure, and it is fun to hear where people are coming from. I think in some regions of the country its easier to make advances than others, it would be interesting to hear about problems or good situations officials from all over have with "moving up."

rainmaker Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Quote:

tough kids, sissy kids,

Thanks a lot, Juulie!:rolleyes: Now, I'll be singing that song in my head all day. Oh well, at least the music will drown out all the other voices. [/B]
..and you've also dated yourself!

Barry C. Morris Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:33pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

tough kids, sissy kids,

Thanks a lot, Juulie!:rolleyes: Now, I'll be singing that song in my head all day. Oh well, at least the music will drown out all the other voices.
..and you've also dated yourself! [/B]
Hey, that's getting a litle personal!

Oops, I guess you meant to imply I am a tad bit older. I confess, I'm turning the big 4-0 on June 24th of this year. Yippee!!!

mick Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:48pm

Quote:

I confess, I'm turning the big 4-0 on June 24th of this year. Yippee!!!

Enjoy your eyesight for another year.

Hawks Coach Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:55pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Quote:

I confess, I'm turning the big 4-0 on June 24th of this year. Yippee!!!
Like she said, kids!

As for looking for who is FOS, you never do that solely with credentials. I learned in the military that you respect individuals for who they are and how they carry themselves, and you show respect for those that command that respect due to the uniform they wear. So I may personally respect a Seaman Apprentice a helluvalot more than a Captain if the Captain is a arrogant snob and the SA knows his job and does it well. I will salute the Captain and call him "Sir," but that doesn't mean he isn't FOS.

mick Wed Mar 31, 2004 01:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawks Coach

As for looking for who is FOS, you never do that solely with credentials. I learned in the military that you respect individuals for who they are and how they carry themselves, and you show respect for those that command that respect due to the uniform they wear. So I may personally respect a Seaman Apprentice a helluvalot more than a Captain if the Captain is a arrogant snob and the SA knows his job and does it well. I will salute the Captain and call him "Sir," but that doesn't mean he isn't FOS.

YU.P.
Presence.

CYO Butch Wed Mar 31, 2004 02:52pm

I'm the NBA Supervisor of Officials ;). No, wait, that was in my other life.

dblref Wed Mar 31, 2004 08:31pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

tough kids, sissy kids,

Thanks a lot, Juulie!:rolleyes: Now, I'll be singing that song in my head all day. Oh well, at least the music will drown out all the other voices.
..and you've also dated yourself!
Hey, that's getting a litle personal!

Oops, I guess you meant to imply I am a tad bit older. I confess, I'm turning the big 4-0 on June 24th of this year. Yippee!!!
[/B]
4-0??? 4-0??? YOUNGSTER!

mick Wed Mar 31, 2004 09:58pm

I've been dating myself, since my wife found out that I was married.

Tweets Thu Apr 01, 2004 04:07am

HI!
I'm one of the stupid fans harassing you from the sidelines........
and from where I'm sitting in the bleachers, i can see the baseline better than you, I can count faster (or slower) than you, although when you ask me to define "three seconds in the paint" I couldn't do it if my life depended on it, what do you mean, it's just "three seconds" dadgummit, what else is there to know about it? I just can't understand why you don't call travelling when that kid takes two stutter-steps with their non-pivot foot- no I wasn't looking closely at the pivot foot but by the looks of that head fake they MUST have drug it a little...... and how many times are you going to ignore me when I screaam for "over-the-back" when that 6-foot post rebounds, (WITHOUT TOUCHING A THREAD ON THEIR JERSEY) behind the not-so-vertically-enhanced post from our team, which I am paying good money for my kid to be the star of....no I'm not biased, I'm just upset because my kid is sittin the bench for his bad attitude cuz we're down by thirty and you're not helping us out.......