The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 18, 2004, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Kevin, My daughter is 15 and I always teach her the men and women in the forces are heros. Thanks
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Kelvin -- I am a pacifist, and I am particularly opposed to this specific war, but am nonetheless very thankful that you are home and safe. Although I do not agree with Bush in beginning the fighting, I have no quarrel with the praise and admiration that are going to you soldiers, who have made great personal sacrifice and braved many intolerable circomstances to promote something you believe in. I only wish each of us could live our lives to such a high degree of virtue and valor. Parents can feel quite good about holding up for emulation the men and women who are acting more from duty and generosity, and less from motives of selfish gain or personal glorification.

So, welcome home, and thank you for the example you set for those around you.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Kelvin, Glad your back. Just hope your not my partner!!!!!!!Just kidding. Hope to see you around the gym soon.

Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

Stripes and Mick,

Thanks.

Stripes... your Bro and I were only joined at the hip during the tournament. One 4A, one 1A play-in, and a 5A semi. (That's a good thing, by the way) By the way, let me congratulate you for getting into the playoffs in a new area IN YOUR FIRST YEAR! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

I am glad you made it back ok. Hope all continues to go well with you. My son just left Monday morning for Iraq with the 161st to be stationed at Bagdad
Old Fri Mar 19, 2004, 07:06pm
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by DrakeM
Stripes and Mick,

Thanks.

Stripes... your Bro and I were only joined at the hip during the tournament. One 4A, one 1A play-in, and a 5A semi. (That's a good thing, by the way) By the way, let me congratulate you for getting into the playoffs in a new area IN YOUR FIRST YEAR! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch
Bret said that you two were together a lot that week and he was pleased too.

Thanks about the tourney here, but as I found out, it is really about who your partner is. I got very lucky, but I'll take it--5A quarters my first year is great. Next year I hope to get to ref in America West.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Sun Mar 28, 2004, 09:20am
In Time Out

Kevin: Hooah and welcome home. LTC here that missed the entire 2002-2003 season due to OIF. I am at Fort McPherson; let's talk. [email protected]

military referees have significant challenges traveling, transferring, jobs, deployments,etc.

Michael