The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Player A1 is foul in the act of shooting by b1 after the released player A1 comes down on B2 which cause a player control foul so what is the ruling and procedure?
I called a foul on b1 and my partner called a player control foul on A1, my p was the lead official so I lgave him the option to wave my foul off and charge the player control foul but that did not go well with team A coach cause he saw me call a foul on player b1 so what could have we done to make this call work out?
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

We just covered this. Look here:

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/12241

Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxssmen
Player A1 is foul in the act of shooting by b1 after the released player A1 comes down on B2 which cause a player control foul so what is the ruling and procedure?
I called a foul on b1 and my partner called a player control foul on A1, my p was the lead official so I lgave him the option to wave my foul off and charge the player control foul but that did not go well with team A coach cause he saw me call a foul on player b1 so what could have we done to make this call work out?
I'm having a little trouble following the play, but ...

1) The PC foul causes the ball to be dead and no basket can be scored. Give A1 two throws with the lane empty. If the last throw is good, B gets the ball and can run the end line. If the last throw is not good, B gets the ball for a throw in but cannot run the end line.

2) The call does not necessarily go the the "lead" official -- whether you mean "referee" or "the official on the end-line." It goes to the official in whose primary the play happened.

3) If you both had a whistle you should have held off on your preliminary signals and discussed the play. The most likely call is that the foul on B1 "caused" the PC fouil, so only penalize the foul on B1.