Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

If you aint watching this game you are missing something special!
I tried to watch it after I got home from my game -- but Dick Vitale was announcing, so I turned it off.

It's Dickey V baby! Dickey Veeeeee! C'mon ya gotta love the way Dickey V relates to these kids...aint it great to see these great student athletes in this beautiful building and here he is, it's Dickey Veeeeee baby getting a front row seat to describe every single play for you! Pass the rock baby! Pass that rock!!!!
I had the great oppertunity of meeting Dick Vitale at a celebrity golf tournament 3 years ago (Brad Nesler grew up in my home town) and he has a passion and a love for the game and moreso for the kids than any commentator I know. Personally I love listening to him. He is a person who is there for the love of the game not the money and politics.
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
I think they were Tenn. fans. They obviously havn't been to the camps or read the rules for Women's game. The commentators were assign this game and were disappointed it didn't turn out to be a great, OT, last second shot, with two girls in her face, 3 pointer to win the game. And they could be on ESPN and tell everyone how great it was to witness this game.
Uh...Bart, this thread is Duke-UNC, not Tenn-Uconn. But, good point anyway.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2004, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by MN 3 Sport Ref
I had the great oppertunity of meeting Dick Vitale at a celebrity golf tournament 3 years ago (Brad Nesler grew up in my home town) and he has a passion and a love for the game and moreso for the kids than any commentator I know. Personally I love listening to him. He is a person who is there for the love of the game not the money and politics.
He's not my favorite announcer but I had the opportunity to hear him speak several years ago. Probably the best motivational speaker I've ever heard. He was drenched with perspiration when he finished. He not only has a passion for basketball, he has a passion for life.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2004, 01:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref

He is just responding to my comments about the game before, which was the Tenn-UConn game.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
He's not my favorite announcer but I had the opportunity to hear him speak several years ago. Probably the best motivational speaker I've ever heard. He was drenched with perspiration when he finished. He not only has a passion for basketball, he has a passion for life.
I have always liked Dickie V. I think he is the best commentator from the standpoint of passion and his X's and O's part of the game. At times he will be critical of the officiating, but always praises them in the same sentence. No different than when he talks about the players. Nothing like Billy Packard who I cannot stand. And I have seen him speak in front of kids and he had such a passion it was touching to see his concern for the people he was in front of. And I will never forget him a day or two after the 9/11 and he was talking on the Mike and Mike Show on ESPN Radio, and his emotion was touching. He just sounds like a guy that is a good guy on and off the TV or spotlight. Even though he is a Notre Dame fan.

Peace

Old Sat Feb 07, 2004, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote:

[/B]
Why do you want to pick on me? If you look at the two post just before I posted, you will see I was just responding to what they had to say. Jrut and gsf23 talk about the Tenn vs Ucon game before I did.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2004, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by MN 3 Sport Ref
Yes he does, which is why I like Dickey Veeee baaaaabeeee!!!!
Old Sun Feb 08, 2004, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
Quote:

Why do you want to pick on me? If you look at the two post just before I posted, you will see I was just responding to what they had to say. Jrut and gsf23 talk about the Tenn vs Ucon game before I did. [/B]
My apologies. I "found out" later, and just today got back to the forum. Crappy weather screwed up Friday's schedule. Had a FB yesterday @ 9:00, VG @ 2:00, and VG at 7:00 -- all 3 at different schools!