Thread: Duke UNC
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 07, 2004, 01:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Uh...Bart, this thread is Duke-UNC, not Tenn-Uconn. But, good point anyway.

He is just responding to my comments about the game before, which was the Tenn-UConn game.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
He's not my favorite announcer but I had the opportunity to hear him speak several years ago. Probably the best motivational speaker I've ever heard. He was drenched with perspiration when he finished. He not only has a passion for basketball, he has a passion for life.
I have always liked Dickie V. I think he is the best commentator from the standpoint of passion and his X's and O's part of the game. At times he will be critical of the officiating, but always praises them in the same sentence. No different than when he talks about the players. Nothing like Billy Packard who I cannot stand. And I have seen him speak in front of kids and he had such a passion it was touching to see his concern for the people he was in front of. And I will never forget him a day or two after the 9/11 and he was talking on the Mike and Mike Show on ESPN Radio, and his emotion was touching. He just sounds like a guy that is a good guy on and off the TV or spotlight. Even though he is a Notre Dame fan.

Peace