The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Smile Where did I mention outcome of the game??

Snackwell and Chris Matthews both claim I think it affected the outcome of the game. Did you read my posts? I never said anything like that.

My point: I think that Dixon is a weasel for not fessing up to a mistake.

And lighten up on the Michael Jackson line, it was funny and Dixon does deserve a lot of criticism for what he did. He makes you all look really bad, and I know you are not all bad.

But I am one of the loud-mouth hecklers that will call you out on any call I think is marginal. Just for the fun of the game. Do people like me make you mad, or do you just laugh?
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Re: Moral failure

Quote:
Originally posted by rlighten

But for Lonnie Dixson to make Bigelow take the heat, and virtually give the game to the other team, is very low.
This quote doesn't imply that you think his mistake had something to do with the outcome of the game?? LOL Wow there goes more of the credibility...

As far as the heckler in you goes, if what you have to say is witty or original, I usually laugh to myself. If it gets personal or redundant, I just ignore it.. We all miss a few but we usually get the majority of 'em right. We usually know the rules or interpretations from our associations much better than the fans, and realize that this adds to their confusion, so I just take it with a grain of salt and chalk it up to bias and incomplete knowledge of the rules...
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 10:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:

But I am one of the loud-mouth hecklers that will call you out on any call I think is marginal. Just for the fun of the game. Do people like me make you mad, or do you just laugh?
OK, loud mouth, what gives you the expertise to determine whether a call is marginal or not? Did you ever read a rule book in your life? Take a rules exam? Nope, just another fanboy, with absolutely no credibility. And no, you don't make us mad. We expect it from people like you.

I can't believe that people are even responding to this troll. Just ignore him. When he finds out that he can no longer get you going, he'll crawl back under the bridge.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Where did I mention outcome of the game??

Quote:

Neither. If you're in the stands you don't exist, so you are irrelevant. Until you cross the line, then you are gone. :shrug:
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

mathews, #1 I used the word virtually because a T with two seconds "usually" assures points to the other team. In this case it did not, so the outcome was "not" necessarily determined.

But I can tell a big difference between cmathews and Dinosaur...cmathews can laugh it off when fans get goofy, but Dino gets upset and lets his emotions take over. You have to remember, Dino, some fans use heckling as one of the good experiences about going to the game (me!)...so don't get upset and convince yourself how smart you are and how dumb they are. "They have never read a rule book." "They are so biased." Both are true, but neither matter! We are the fans and have a role. You are the refs and have a role. Forget about the fans, or laugh at the good lines and ignore the rest. I think I can identfy your type on the court, vs. cmathews type. Just like the difference between cops that have an "all powerful" attitude and the cool types who do their job, but don't assume that they cannot be happy or kind.

And, of course, the best part is when we can get a visual chuckle out of a ref. I have done that once, in Provo.

Do any of you all ref BYU games?
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 01:33pm
In Memoriam

Where does it say Dino get's upset? Or that Dino cares what fans think? You don't exist as far as Dino is concerned. And that bugs you too doesn't it, troll?

Now go away and play with the other fanboys.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Reptile, your arrogance is unbelieveable. What, your eyes work better at seeing when someone is hacked? You don't need a rule book for that. Officiating plays a lot in the gray, rather than black and white, but you act like your officials decisions are flawless and indisputable and fans are clueless. That for the fans to dispute a call is inappropriate. Nice attitude. Boy I would love to see you out on the court someday.

Tell me this Lizard, when watching a sport on TV that you do not officiate (I assume you are in basketball) and you see what you think is bad call against your team (or the opponent for that matter), do you think, "oh, I must not have seen it right" or do you yourself yell at the refs from your couch?

Are all refs perfect like you Lizard, or just some of them? Are you a MWC ref? I think I have seen you before.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

rlighten,

So personal.

I believe you have crossed the line of 'in but not of'.

Were you one of the students who had problems with the Honor Code as well?

Fans have an opportunity on this site to redeem--to a degree-themselves. And believe me they are most definitely in need of 'redemption'. You, however, have only added to the need--and that is too bad.
Closed Thread