The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chasbo
WindyCityRef- would this have been the Maine South/Notre Dame game a couple of weekends ago? My daughter was there and next day in class asked the player who was doing the free throw violating if he was doing it on purpose and he said he was just doing what the coach told him. I explained to her what was going on and told het that I would have warned and then T'd the coach.
Yes, that was the game.

For what it's worth, I'd call the T after a warning also. But you know the coach is going to scream and rant, so when and if I ever have to do this I want to be ready with a specific case/rule I can use.
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjchamp
How about rule 8-1-c. "Following a violation by one or by both teams, if that team(s) continues to delay it is a technical foul."

TJ, that only applies to delays for not filling the proper lane spaces after a timeout or intermission.

You could have a technical, but it would be under 10-3-8, charged to the player - not to the team.