The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Had this happen the other night and I think we got it right. A1 is fouled HARD by B1. I come in right away from C and call an intentional foul. As I turn and walk away to report (having made eye contact with one of my partners that he is watching the players) I hear a whistle and my partner is calling an intentional T on A5 who walked up to B1 and shoved him with 2 hands. I am so happy that we communicated that someone would be watching the players in our pre-game because this is something I would not want to miss.

I immediately turned back to the players, and my partners and I seperated them back to their benches. We talk and say first we have an interntional on B1 which is 2 shots and the ball at POE. But then we have an intentional T against A. Which is 2 and the ball at the division line. We rationaled that A losses the right to the ball from the intentional foul because they took the T after. So we had A1 shot 2 for the interntional with no line-up, then we had B1 shot 2 for the intentional T again with no line-up and gave the ball to B at the division line.

I just don't see a lot of false doubles, but I think this is one and I think we got it right. But I have been proven wrong many times.
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Thumbs up

You nailed it!
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Throw in

Don't have my rule book handy but are all technical fouls in NCAA taken out at the division line like they are in Federation?
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

No most are taken out at the POI. Intentioal T's go to the div. line.
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

You got it right.

Here is another twist to that play that I had. We, unfortunately did not administer correctly. We have since learned about false double and false multiple fouls.

Here is our play......

In transition, B1 blocks A1's shot up top, but hammers him with the body for a foul. B1 then stands over A1 and taunts him for a T, at which time A1 stands up and shoves B1........

2 shots for the personal foul, followed by double T's, with possession at the division line to the team with AP arrow.

We screwed up by administering the double T's as offsetting and letting the 2 shot foul take place with everyone on the lane and using POI. Whoops.....we still got hired back and our supervisor was cool with us as it was a tense situation and our "game" management helped off set our rules blunder.
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckley11
B1 blocks A1's shot up top, but hammers him with the body for a foul. B1 then stands over A1 and taunts him for a T, at which time A1 stands up and shoves B1........

2 shots for the personal foul, followed by double T's,
Yup, there's your mistake right there. I did it my first year in college, too.