The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Arrow

Are any states allowing the gray/pin-striped shirt? Is this a college shirt or allowed by high school conferences or states? I see Honigs has it on their web site. Personally, I think we should stay with the black and white striped shirt. (2-1-1) Just wondering if there is some movement toward the gray.
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Are any states allowing the gray/pin-striped shirt? Is this a college shirt or allowed by high school conferences or states? I see Honigs has it on their web site. Personally, I think we should stay with the black and white striped shirt. (2-1-1) Just wondering if there is some movement toward the gray.
Specifically not allowed in NCAA.

Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Are any states allowing the gray/pin-striped shirt? Is this a college shirt or allowed by high school conferences or states? ...Just wondering if there is some movement toward the gray.
I just use it in my little league, standard uniform for this league only. But yeah, definitely the zebra stripe is the way to go!
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

New Hampshire allows the gray shirts--of course that assumes both refs have one. It is up to the refs. I think they look pretty good.
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Bob-->

I specifically remember a couple of smaller D-1 conferences on the east coast using the gray pinstripes last year. I can't remember which conferences in particular, but it may have been the NEC, MAAC, Patriot, or Colonial. You stated that they are disallowed. Did this change in the offseason?
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 04:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Used but not allowed.

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
Bob-->

I specifically remember a couple of smaller D-1 conferences on the east coast using the gray pinstripes last year. I can't remember which conferences in particular, but it may have been the NEC, MAAC, Patriot, or Colonial. You stated that they are disallowed. Did this change in the offseason?
They have never been allowed. Some conferences on their own allowed the officials to wear them. But the NCAA took an official position on them and stated that only the black and white shirts would be allowed. I guess that is something the conferences will have to deal with on their own.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 05:29pm
9 times

I work in a small college league that wears the gray pinstripes. They are ok, but I like the black & whites best.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Wed Jan 14, 2004, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Again, i am going to give everyone the privelege of my opinion

Grey shirts are not a good idea. We have been wearing them for years up in Canada. The major problem is that someone buys their shirt from honigs, another buys a cliff keen shirt. They will most likely vary in colour. How do you think it will look if everyone on a 3-man crew has a different colour shirt on. Up here we're moving away from the greys to the stripes. Stick with the stripes.
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

My local, middle school and rec association buys them and gives them to the members. The only problem has been me. I was too small for a medium and a small had to be specially ordered from the factory.

They both look fine.

Rita
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 02:34am
Official Forum Member

Personally I like the grey shirts and I wear them doing some rec ball. I wouldn't mind seeing us change from the Black and Whites, but ref18 has a good point about the color tones.