The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Ok for those looking for a definition of when a player is dropping their shoulder here it is....The article is of no consequence, but check out this picture....

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...top/news01.txt

Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 01:24pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Ok for those looking for a definition of when a player is dropping their shoulder here it is....The article is of no consequence, but check out this picture....

This picture only represents one moment in a number of moments that are needed to define the entire play. It does not tell us how and when the two players got to the places on the court that they are occupying in the picture. The pictures really tells us nothing about the entire play.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 02:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
The pictures really tells us nothing about the entire play.
Sure it does. It's obvious the offensive player has lost his contact lens and it has fallen on the knee of the defensive player.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

This picture only represents one moment in a number of moments that are needed to define the entire play. It does not tell us how and when the two players got to the places on the court that they are occupying in the picture. The pictures really tells us nothing about the entire play.
Lighten up Francis, (borrowed that from Stripes), it was just a picture I found and thought people might enjoy seeing it, you don't often see a guys head and shoulder in that position....
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lighten up Francis, (borrowed that from Stripes), it was just a picture I found and thought people might enjoy seeing it, you don't often see a guys head and shoulder in that position....

caption:
Conjoined twins Shu-Ping and Sui-Hei Phong will travel from mainland China to Chicago to undergo a grueling operation to separate them. The boys, 15, hope to recover in time to finish the season with their high school basketball team, the Beiging Ducks. Said Sui-Hei: "I'm looking forward to not having to play point guard anymore, I see myself more as a forward or center. Like LeBron." Shu-ping was equally happy, saying "I'm looking forward to developing my skills as a ball handler. Alan Iverson is my hero".
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Said Sui-Hei: "I'm looking forward to not having to play point guard anymore, I see myself more as a forward or center. Like LeBron." Shu-ping was equally happy, saying "I'm looking forward to developing my skills as a ball handler. Alan Iverson is my hero".
The question for me is how Sui-Hei gets his jersey on properly with Shu-ping's head joined to his sternum. Maybe it's velcro down the front with a little hole in the middle. . .
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Said Sui-Hei: "I'm looking forward to not having to play point guard anymore, I see myself more as a forward or center. Like LeBron." Shu-ping was equally happy, saying "I'm looking forward to developing my skills as a ball handler. Alan Iverson is my hero".
The question for me is how Sui-Hei gets his jersey on properly with Shu-ping's head joined to his sternum. Maybe it's velcro down the front with a little hole in the middle. . .
And how they manage to keep up a practice schedule when they are on two different teams!
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 03:57pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

[/B]
caption:
Conjoined twins Shu-Ping and Sui-Hei Phong will travel from mainland China to Chicago to undergo a grueling operation to separate them. The boys, 15, hope to recover in time to finish the season with their high school basketball team, the Beiging Ducks. Said Sui-Hei: "I'm looking forward to not having to play point guard anymore, I see myself more as a forward or center. Like LeBron." Shu-ping was equally happy, saying "I'm looking forward to developing my skills as a ball handler. Alan Iverson is my hero".
[/B][/QUOTE]Sui-Hei added: "Make sure that you give props to Chuck Elias and Rocky Road for inspiring us. They were two of my favorite players when they played in the Chinese Basketball Association!"
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
And how they manage to keep up a practice schedule when they are on two different teams!
If you read a little further in the article , it states that they're on the same team. They were simply playing on opposite squads during practice.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

[/B][/QUOTE]

Nice pic Jurrasic! Still being fairly new on the board I didn't realize we had real, live, celebs here!

By the way Chuck, which one are you?