The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 27, 2003, 03:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Hey, wait, is this where I reword the case play, and then come up with my own interpretation, so that it says what I want it to?? LOL couldn't resist after the other 8 page thread....
I thought of that too, but I'd fall asleep before I got to 40,000 words though.
Old Sat Dec 27, 2003, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Hey, wait, is this where I reword the case play, and then come up with my own interpretation, so that it says what I want it to?? LOL couldn't resist after the other 8 page thread....
I thought of that too, but I'd fall asleep before I got to 40,000 words though.
Good point JR...but then again if we just say the same thing over and over, cut and paste should work shouldn't it??
Old Sat Dec 27, 2003, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It can't be a double foul, under FED rules. A player control foul is defined as a common foul(R4-19-6), and R4-19-2 says that a common foul CAN'T be part of a double foul. The officials have to decide which foul occured first, and then administer that foul only.This is similar to casebook play 2.6SitA&B, and is governed by the same language- The officials must decide definitely which act occured first. There is no rules coverage to administer the acts as occurring simultaneously".
JR, are you celebrating New Year's already?

One official calls a foul on the offensive player, the other calls a foul on the defender. By rule, it becomes a double foul. 4.19.7C
Old Sat Dec 27, 2003, 05:00pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
It can't be a double foul, under FED rules. A player control foul is defined as a common foul(R4-19-6), and R4-19-2 says that a common foul CAN'T be part of a double foul. The officials have to decide which foul occured first, and then administer that foul only.This is similar to casebook play 2.6SitA&B, and is governed by the same language- The officials must decide definitely which act occured first. There is no rules coverage to administer the acts as occurring simultaneously".
JR, are you celebrating New Year's already?

One official calls a foul on the offensive player, the other calls a foul on the defender. By rule, it becomes a double foul. 4.19.7C
Don't need New Year's to have a brownpop.

I thought that that was a pretty good argument. Better than some that I've seen in the last few days. Besides, I'm gonna start using just the rules that I agree with, or the ones that might back up my answers(if you close one eye). All the other rules don't count from now on.

And I'm gonna apply to IAABO too!!

So there:

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Dec 27th, 2003 at 04:03 PM]
Old Sun Dec 28, 2003, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Don't need New Year's to have a brownpop.

I thought that that was a pretty good argument. Better than some that I've seen in the last few days. Besides, I'm gonna start using just the rules that I agree with, or the ones that might back up my answers(if you close one eye). All the other rules don't count from now on.

And I'm gonna apply to IAABO too!!

So there:
Careful!! One of the moderators might think you're being obnoxious!!
Old Sun Dec 28, 2003, 03:01pm
Huck Finn

Thumbs up

Isn't it nice to see some friendly banter when we can discuss a play, come up with a solution and joke? See what difference it makes when you don't have someone with titles presiding over a thread!