Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Seriously, are you saying . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffTheRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
No need for two sub parts of this rule. Here's how I think it should be worded...

The error is correctable if it is recognized during the first dead ball and after the ball has been live while the clock is running.

Note that the ball is never "alive". If it appears to become alive, run for your life.

"The error is correctable if it is recognized any time before the end of the first dead ball after the ball has been live with the clock running."

I think this is cleaner, if it's correct.

I think Camron's is cleaner.
Upon re-reading what I wrote and similar to JTR's, I think I should leave out "and"....

The error is correctable if it is recognized during the first dead ball and after the ball has been live while the clock is running.
Old Tue Dec 30, 2003, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

CR - what about the possibility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffTheRef
Quote:
No need for two sub parts of this rule. Here's how I think it should be worded...

Note that the ball is never "alive". If it appears to become alive, run for your life.

"The error is correctable if it is recognized any time before the end of the first dead ball after the ball has been live with the clock running."

I think this is cleaner, if it's correct.

I think Camron's is cleaner.
Upon re-reading what I wrote and similar to JTR's, I think I should leave out "and"....

that the error may be recognized earlier - for example, on a foul shot awarded in error, right after the ball goes through the basket?

For completeness, ought the formulation be:

The error is correctable if it is recognized, at the latest, during the first dead ball after the ball has been live while the clock is running. [/B][/QUOTE]