The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 16, 2003, 06:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

I was watching Seton Hall/Kentucky during the Great Alaskan Shootout on ESPN Classic. They were shooting a FT and I saw 5 on one side of the FT line. FIVE!!! When the heck was this rule gotten rid of? Was this the same at the HS level? I cannot remember being able to take that spot right next to the shooter (higher than the spot closest to the shooter).

When was this allowed and was it allowed at the NF level as well. I can never remember being able to do this in HS, but that was a long time ago.

Any information?

Peace
Old Tue Dec 16, 2003, 08:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I was watching Seton Hall/Kentucky during the Great Alaskan Shootout on ESPN Classic. They were shooting a FT and I saw 5 on one side of the FT line. FIVE!!! When the heck was this rule gotten rid of? Was this the same at the HS level? I cannot remember being able to take that spot right next to the shooter (higher than the spot closest to the shooter).

When was this allowed and was it allowed at the NF level as well. I can never remember being able to do this in HS, but that was a long time ago.

Any information?

Peace
Rut,
That's back when men were men, ... and women were women.
mick
Old Tue Dec 16, 2003, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

It was a long time ago (25+ years?), but I recall a time when there were marked and unmarked lane spaces. Each had their own requirements about when the player could enter the lane. The unmarked lane spaces, as I recall, went clear around the top of the key. That was HS rules.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2003, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

Any information?

Peace
Rut,
That's back when men were men, ... and women were women.
mick
...and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri!