The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lilhooper3000
Smile

I would say my favorite is Jason Kidd.... What is yours???
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Somebody reply please.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilhooper3000
Somebody reply please.
Lil-- Most of us are adults, who sleep in the day after thanksgiving, or have to go to work. I admire your energy to get up and post so early!

Also, most of us are referees, who are more interested in the legal aspects of the game than the players and their concerns. My favorite player used to be Buck Williams, but lately, I just don't follow much. So much of the NBA has nothing to do with basketball.

I saw on another thread that you have a tourney over Christmas. I hope it goes well for you. If you have questions about calls or rules, this board will definitely be the place to bring them. A better understanding of the rules is always to a player's advantage!
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 03:15pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

I don't really watch the NBA since George Mikan retired. As far as I'm concerned, NBA stands for "Not Basketball Anymore".
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I didn't know if it was going to be Padgett or JR, but I knew somebody would mention Mikan!
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

who is that you siad?

jason who ????

You mean Jason (whiner) Kidd don't you??

I have to admit the NBA has little appeal anymore simply because of the lack of basketball that is played.

Since shooting % is now down around 40% and that's with Shaq and the others included who can only shoot while within arms reach of the basket...

I have to admit I much would rather watch the Classic matchups from the 70's and then the 80's when each team had more than one player who could regularly hit a 15 foot jumper, and who played every game instead of 60 -70 per season due to injury.

But when I did watch, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were my most admired. Then along came some Jordan guy who was quite a player also.

As you could tell from last season, he doesn't have a lot in common anymore with the players of today who are more concerned with a paycheck than winning.

Thanks
David
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

We have an elderly gentleman(in his early 80s) in our neighborhood who was a former basketball player and claims to have played against Ol' George at Quigley Prep (Chicago) in his HS days. He has some interesting stories.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

My fave..

Bill Laimbeer, my favorite of the Detroit Piston "Bad Boys".
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Except for an occasional Sonics game (home team) do not watch much NBA, mainly enjoy college and high school these days. Good luck in your tournament and future games.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker and rcwilco are the coolest people I met on this board yet. Thanks for supporing my iea. Somebody -- doesn't like my idea of Jason Kidd as my favorite player... keep it to yourself.. You know who you are. Thanks RainMaker and RCWILCO for supporting my opinion. Also thank you on the congratulations to my Tournament.. That really meant alot to me. Thanks.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Rainmaker and rcwilco are the coolest people I met on this board yet. Thanks for supporing my iea. Somebody -- doesn't like my idea of Jason Kidd as my favorite player... keep it to yourself.. You know who you are. Thanks RainMaker and RCWILCO for supporting my opinion. Also thank you on the congratulations to my Tournament.. That really meant alot to me. Thanks.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! If you're going to post with adults on discussion boards, then you must understand that people will disagree with you. You ask a for people's opinion, then pop off when someone doesn't agree with you.

Not cool.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Re: My fave..

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
Bill Laimbeer, my favorite of the Detroit Piston "Bad Boys".
I gotta go with "Oh, Isaih." He had a competitive fire at the end of the game that was as close to MJ as you will see. A lot off player wrapped up in a 6'0" package - took it right over Kareem in the playoffs.

And lilhooper - this is not the place to come if you don't want a plain-spoken opinion. You obviously love Jason Kidd as a player, others share a different opinion. That's the key word - opinion. Most of us over 30 don't get much thrill from the current version of the NBA.
Old Sat Nov 29, 2003, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I would say my favorite is Jason Kidd.... What is yours???
I don't watch the NBA much anymore either. I thought Jason Kidd was a pretty decent guy when he was in college at Cal, but I lost respect (and interest) in him when he cuffed his wife.

Ray Allen of the Sonics is not only extremely talented, but he also seems to be a genuinely good person.

Z
Old Sat Nov 29, 2003, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
I thought Jason Kidd was a pretty decent guy when he was in college at Cal, but I lost respect (and interest) in him when he cuffed his wife.
Yeah, but now she comes to his games, with their kid, and sits in the front row -- to get plenty of airtime. And since they're in the front row, if a player -- like, oh I don't know, maybe his dad -- dives for a loose ball, the little boy is a prime candidate for -- oh, I don't know -- a broken collarbone!!
Old Sat Nov 29, 2003, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

By the way hooper, despite the sarcasm of my previous post, I wish you the best of luck at your tournament next month. It sounds very exciting!