The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 13, 2024, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

NCAAm rulebook

Just got picked up to work NCAA division II men's basketball this fall and was encouraged to get into the rules/case book(s) as soon as possible...especially rule 11 with the monitor stuff.

In searching (both on NCAA's site and Amazon) I can't seem to find a 24-25 rules book...just a 23-24.

Any input on when the NCAA typically makes the newest rules books available, or should I just grab last years and make myself aware of the new rules changes?
Old Sat Jul 13, 2024, 11:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

Patience Is A Virtue ...

I’m a 100% high school guy, so I can’t answer Danvrapp’s NCAA question.

However, I’ve been in the same boat as Danvrapp regarding NFHS publications (Rules Book and Case Book).

Previous to 2022-23 the IAABO Handbook included both a NFHS Rules Book and a NFHS Case Book.

Beginning in 2022-23 the IAABO Handbook no longer included a NFHS Rules Book, nor a NFHS Casebook, but instead included IAABO Rules Guide and Playbook (Rules “Guide” not Rules "Book") and "Play" Book (not "Case" Book).

However, the IAABO Rules Guide and Playbook does contain the caveat, "Officials are encouraged to use this book in conjunction with the current editions of the NFHS Rules Book and Case Book".

Right now (I just checked) the NFHS website is only offering the 2023-24 NFHS Rules Book and the 2023-24 NFHS Case Book.

I can’t be sure when the new NFHS books were first offered last year, but my tax documents show that I purchased both NFHS books in October, 2023.

NCAA might work on a similar time line.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jul 13, 2024 at 01:15pm.
Old Sat Jul 13, 2024, 11:58pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Just got picked up to work NCAA division II men's basketball this fall and was encouraged to get into the rules/case book(s) as soon as possible...especially rule 11 with the monitor stuff.

In searching (both on NCAA's site and Amazon) I can't seem to find a 24-25 rules book...just a 23-24.

Any input on when the NCAA typically makes the newest rules books available, or should I just grab last years and make myself aware of the new rules changes?

Danvrapp:

Congratulations on a new chapter in your officiating career.

You cannot find them yet because the 2024-25 Rules Book and Case Book have yet to go to print and therefore are not available to purchase or to download a PDF copy of either books. The best you can do is download PDF copy of the 2023-24 Rules and Case Books and go to https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...lesChanges.pdf to download a copy of the 2024-25 Rules Changes.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Jul 14, 2024, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Danvrapp:

Congratulations on a new chapter in your officiating career.

You cannot find them yet because the 2024-25 Rules Book and Case Book have yet to go to print and therefore are not available to purchase or to download a PDF copy of either books. The best you can do is download PDF copy of the 2023-24 Rules and Case Books and go to https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...lesChanges.pdf to download a copy of the 2024-25 Rules Changes.

MTD, Sr.
Registration should begin in August (at least that is when RefQuest opens up for men's basketball officials). If you sign up then, you will be able to get the rulebook, casebook, and mechanics manual.
Old Sun Jul 14, 2024, 05:49pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Registration should begin in August (at least that is when RefQuest opens up for men's basketball officials). If you sign up then, you will be able to get the rulebook, casebook, and mechanics manual.

👍

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio