Thread: NCAAm rulebook
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2024, 11:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

Patience Is A Virtue ...

I’m a 100% high school guy, so I can’t answer Danvrapp’s NCAA question.

However, I’ve been in the same boat as Danvrapp regarding NFHS publications (Rules Book and Case Book).

Previous to 2022-23 the IAABO Handbook included both a NFHS Rules Book and a NFHS Case Book.

Beginning in 2022-23 the IAABO Handbook no longer included a NFHS Rules Book, nor a NFHS Casebook, but instead included IAABO Rules Guide and Playbook (Rules “Guide” not Rules "Book") and "Play" Book (not "Case" Book).

However, the IAABO Rules Guide and Playbook does contain the caveat, "Officials are encouraged to use this book in conjunction with the current editions of the NFHS Rules Book and Case Book".

Right now (I just checked) the NFHS website is only offering the 2023-24 NFHS Rules Book and the 2023-24 NFHS Case Book.

I can’t be sure when the new NFHS books were first offered last year, but my tax documents show that I purchased both NFHS books in October, 2023.

NCAA might work on a similar time line.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jul 13, 2024 at 01:15pm.