The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 06, 2022, 07:41pm
Ok is the new good

Fashion Police-Sleeve Length

Regarding the sleeve length of t-shirt under the jersey. My understanding of the rule is this:

Both sleeves must be the same length on a player. There is no requirement that all players match each other on sleeve length. Some may choose short, some may choose long or some may choose to go bare arms.

Anyone have anything different?

I had an old vet challenge me on this
Old Thu Oct 06, 2022, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

Looks correct to me.
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 07:17am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
Regarding the sleeve length of t-shirt under the jersey. My understanding of the rule is this:

Both sleeves must be the same length on a player. There is no requirement that all players match each other on sleeve length. Some may choose short, some may choose long or some may choose to go bare arms.

Anyone have anything different?

I had an old vet challenge me on this
What did the old vet say when you guys pulled out the rule book?
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 09:52am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Most Misunderstood NFHS Basketball Rules ...

Undershirts must be similar in color to the uniform jersey, and shall not have frayed edges. Undershirt sleeves shall be the same length. Note that this rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on the undershirt when worn.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Agree with the above. Requiring all players to match each other in the length is wrong.
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 11:31am
Esteemed Forum Member

Undershirt Citations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
I had an old vet challenge me on this.
Just stick these citations in front of his old nose.

3-5-6: Undershirts must be a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey and must be hemmed and not have frayed or ragged edges. If the undershirt has sleeves, they must be the same length. Only one visible logo is permitted.

3-6: One visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the wristbands, headband, compression shorts, undershirts, and arm and leg compression sleeves. The size must be limited to 2¼ square inches and must not exceed 2¼ inches in any dimension on any item.

3.5.6 SITUATION: Prior to the opening jump, an official notices (a) A1 is wearing an undershirt with sleeves cut off and hemmed at the shoulders. A2 and A3 are both wearing undershirts with normal length sleeves; (b) A4 is wearing an undershirt with a visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark. RULING: All players are wearing legal apparel. (a) The rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on his/her undershirt when worn; (b) A visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark is permitted on the undershirt as long as it meets the logo requirements in 3-6.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 07, 2022 at 11:34am.
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 02:15pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Just stick these citations in front of his old nose.

3-5-6: Undershirts must be a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey and must be hemmed and not have frayed or ragged edges. If the undershirt has sleeves, they must be the same length. Only one visible logo is permitted.

3-6: One visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the wristbands, headband, compression shorts, undershirts, and arm and leg compression sleeves. The size must be limited to 2¼ square inches and must not exceed 2¼ inches in any dimension on any item.

3.5.6 SITUATION: Prior to the opening jump, an official notices (a) A1 is wearing an undershirt with sleeves cut off and hemmed at the shoulders. A2 and A3 are both wearing undershirts with normal length sleeves; (b) A4 is wearing an undershirt with a visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark. RULING: All players are wearing legal apparel. (a) The rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on his/her undershirt when worn; (b) A visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark is permitted on the undershirt as long as it meets the logo requirements in 3-6.
You mean just telling the guy "Billy & Bob on the internet say I'm right" isn't sufficient?

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Oct 07, 2022 at 02:50pm.
Old Fri Oct 07, 2022, 02:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Proof Is In The Pudding ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You mean just telling the guy "Billy & Bob on the internet say I'm right" isn't sufficient enough.
Exactly my reasoning. Possibly needed to win a bar bet.

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 07, 2022 at 03:14pm.