The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fashion Police-Sleeve Length (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/105807-fashion-police-sleeve-length.html)

The_Rookie Thu Oct 06, 2022 07:41pm

Fashion Police-Sleeve Length

Regarding the sleeve length of t-shirt under the jersey. My understanding of the rule is this:

Both sleeves must be the same length on a player. There is no requirement that all players match each other on sleeve length. Some may choose short, some may choose long or some may choose to go bare arms.

Anyone have anything different?

I had an old vet challenge me on this:eek:

bob jenkins Thu Oct 06, 2022 08:24pm

Looks correct to me.

Raymond Fri Oct 07, 2022 07:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rookie (Post 1048938)
Regarding the sleeve length of t-shirt under the jersey. My understanding of the rule is this:

Both sleeves must be the same length on a player. There is no requirement that all players match each other on sleeve length. Some may choose short, some may choose long or some may choose to go bare arms.

Anyone have anything different?

I had an old vet challenge me on this:eek:

What did the old vet say when you guys pulled out the rule book?

BillyMac Fri Oct 07, 2022 09:52am

The Most Misunderstood NFHS Basketball Rules ...

Undershirts must be similar in color to the uniform jersey, and shall not have frayed edges. Undershirt sleeves shall be the same length. Note that this rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on the undershirt when worn.

Camron Rust Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:09am

Agree with the above. Requiring all players to match each other in the length is wrong.

BillyMac Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:31am

Undershirt Citations ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rookie (Post 1048938)
I had an old vet challenge me on this.

Just stick these citations in front of his old nose.

3-5-6: Undershirts must be a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey and must be hemmed and not have frayed or ragged edges. If the undershirt has sleeves, they must be the same length. Only one visible logo is permitted.

3-6: One visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the wristbands, headband, compression shorts, undershirts, and arm and leg compression sleeves. The size must be limited to 2¼ square inches and must not exceed 2¼ inches in any dimension on any item.

3.5.6 SITUATION: Prior to the opening jump, an official notices (a) A1 is wearing an undershirt with sleeves cut off and hemmed at the shoulders. A2 and A3 are both wearing undershirts with normal length sleeves; (b) A4 is wearing an undershirt with a visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark. RULING: All players are wearing legal apparel. (a) The rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on his/her undershirt when worn; (b) A visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark is permitted on the undershirt as long as it meets the logo requirements in 3-6.

Raymond Fri Oct 07, 2022 02:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1048944)
Just stick these citations in front of his old nose.

3-5-6: Undershirts must be a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey and must be hemmed and not have frayed or ragged edges. If the undershirt has sleeves, they must be the same length. Only one visible logo is permitted.

3-6: One visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the wristbands, headband, compression shorts, undershirts, and arm and leg compression sleeves. The size must be limited to 2¼ square inches and must not exceed 2¼ inches in any dimension on any item.

3.5.6 SITUATION: Prior to the opening jump, an official notices (a) A1 is wearing an undershirt with sleeves cut off and hemmed at the shoulders. A2 and A3 are both wearing undershirts with normal length sleeves; (b) A4 is wearing an undershirt with a visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark. RULING: All players are wearing legal apparel. (a) The rule does not require all players to wear the same length sleeves on their undershirts, but each individual player must have sleeves the same length on his/her undershirt when worn; (b) A visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark is permitted on the undershirt as long as it meets the logo requirements in 3-6.

You mean just telling the guy "Billy & Bob on the internet say I'm right" isn't sufficient? :eek:

BillyMac Fri Oct 07, 2022 02:33pm

Proof Is In The Pudding ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1048949)
You mean just telling the guy "Billy & Bob on the internet say I'm right" isn't sufficient enough.

Exactly my reasoning. Possibly needed to win a bar bet.