The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 12, 2022, 07:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

COVID In Connecticut 2022 ...

Connecticut officials, coaches, players, and fans must be masked at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Unlike last season when officials were given enforcement procedures for mask wearing (sit a trick), there are no enforcement procedures this season, it's on the shoulders of game management, we can only politely ask players to pull up their masks, and we can do that a hundred times with the same player for the entire game.

About 20% of our 270 local guys are inactive this season due to COVID concerns.

Fan restrictions vary from school system to school system.
- No fans at all.
- Only home fans, no visitor fans.
- Four family fans per home player, two family fans per visitor player, 50 home student fans, no visitor student fans.
- Two family fans per home and visitor players, no student fans.
- No fan restrictions.

Half of my assigned games have been canceled and/or postponed due to COVID, one postponed game because there were not enough healthy bus drivers.

What's going on in other areas?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jan 13, 2022 at 03:30pm.
Old Thu Jan 13, 2022, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Here in NE Ohio, I have not been to any gym that seems to be restricting the number of fans, based upon numbers I see in the bleachers. Most school gyms that I have entered have signs saying anything from "masks are encouraged" to "masks are required", but I would guess well under 50% of fans wear 'em. Have not had a single player (GV/BV) take the floor this year with a mask.

My son plays HS hockey, and unlike last year when almost all rinks were moderating the number of fans in some way similar to what BillyMac sees in CT, this year there have been no fan constraints at the ice rinks.
Old Thu Jan 13, 2022, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

CA has begun canceling numerous games due to the Covid surge. I estimate about 40% of the master schedule is now listed as canceled. Some parts of the Bay Area are going to no spectators or no student spectators and only a few family members being allowed. NV has postponed several basketball and wrestling contests. A few schools involved have completely halted basketball until the end of January.

Winter sports are shutting down out here again. Will the season continue to the end of January? Will it shut down temporarily and then restart? Will the shut down end the season prematurely as it did in 2020? I don’t know, but I see a similar situation to a couple of years ago.