Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 24, 2003, 09:21am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins

#2 should also be Yes - reference Rule 3-4-14, AR13
I disagree -- 3-4.13 says that a bleeding player may return after a TO has been granted to his or her team. And AR14 gives an example of A being injured, B being granted a TO and A not being allowed to return. [/B][/QUOTE]

Bob, read AR 13 on page 54 again...the ruling states that when a time-out is granted to either team, one OR BOTH players are allowed to remain in the game - no bleeding and no saturated uniforms...the difference in the two situations appears to be the fact that AR 14 is dealing with a time-out called after the injured player from the other team has already been replaced...hmmm...seem to contradict each other, don't they???
Old Fri Oct 24, 2003, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:

#2 should also be Yes - reference Rule 3-4-14, AR13
I disagree -- 3-4.13 says that a bleeding player may return after a TO has been granted to his or her team. And AR14 gives an example of A being injured, B being granted a TO and A not being allowed to return.
Bob, read AR 13 on page 54 again...the ruling states that when a time-out is granted to either team, one OR BOTH players are allowed to remain in the game - no bleeding and no saturated uniforms...the difference in the two situations appears to be the fact that AR 14 is dealing with a time-out called after the injured player from the other team has already been replaced...hmmm...seem to contradict each other, don't they??? [/B][/QUOTE]

But in that AR, both injured players are from the SAME team -- so a TO by that team allows both to remain.

AR14 (the very next one! ) is the AR that indicates the team with the injured player must call the TO.

(gee -- I hope that's right -- I did it w/o the rules book).

Old Fri Oct 24, 2003, 07:06pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:

But in that AR, both injured players are from the SAME team -- so a TO by that team allows both to remain.

AR14 (the very next one! ) is the AR that indicates the team with the injured player must call the TO.

(gee -- I hope that's right -- I did it w/o the rules book).

You sir, are correct...hmmm...we were told that the answers we were given were the "official" answers from the NCAA office...makes one wonder why they haven't hired you to do their tests! Thanks for helping me out on those!!